w00h00! no more side stand parking.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some you know from my flooded driveway videos on Youtube(click on my Youtube link there under my name) there is a serious grade to the driveway where I park my bike. So like Old Girlfriend, Crystal was starting to smoke out of the left tailpipe when parked with the side stand. This was really really bugging me. I know nothing is wrong but seriously...I was not going to have Crystal smoking for any reason. So today after work I started Crystal(I rode with Janet to work today) because old habits die hard and I always at the least started Old Girlfriend daily, Crystal smoked out of the left tail pipe driving me batshit crazy. I had yet to put her on the centerstand because I thought the grade was just too steep. Well I'll be damned she was solid as a rock on the centerstand, trying to move her was like trying to move a 900lbs+ boulder. I got down on the ground and noticed the area where I park my bike was almost level compared to the rest of the driveway! Anyway I'm looking forward to smoke free starts from now on even when Crystal sits for a day or two. :rocks:

~O~

It's harder to get her on the center stand, but because of my sciatica it's hell to get her off the sidestand in the morning because of the slight grade. Get this, Crystal is easily half as challenging to get on the centerstand than Old Girlfriend. :shock: Go figure...

~O~

edit- wait...you meant to say "centerstand' right?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85554#p85554:so6b5vy7 said:
Ansimp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 pm[/url]":so6b5vy7]So you are happy still with Crystal?
Brother I AM IN LOVE. How often does a workin stiff get his dream bike...I mean exactly what he's always wanted? I'm there man I'm so there. I didn't get to ride today so I just revved her up and down for a few minutes. Tomorrow she gets a bath, then a family cruise. Did I mention I'm in love? :ahem:

~O~

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85550#p85550:1jf8btu6 said:
Omega Man » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 pm[/url]":1jf8btu6]It's harder to get her on the center stand, but because of my sciatica it's hell to get her off the sidestand in the morning because of the slight grade. Get this, Crystal is easily half as challenging to get on the centerstand than Old Girlfriend. :shock: Go figure...

~O~

edit- wait...you meant to say "centerstand' right?
honda did a better job with the operation of the centerstand on the 1500 wing compaired to the 1100 and 1200 wings