• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted a tank storage

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001 17551-431-770 this is the number

Attachments

• diagram3.jpg
    diagram3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 155
  • tank.png
    tank.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 151
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but that just catches all the crap that comes out of the breather. If you cannot find one, just let the drain line open and there isn't anything to worry about and you will never have to empty it either.

As brianinpa stated before, it's just a plastic "tank" that catches the drained condensation and/or any liquids/moisture (like from riding in the rain) that forms inside the air cleaner outer body... never found anything in mine even after all these years... it "might" have contained some activated charcoal foam or other stuff for emissions control of any gasoline fumes from the carbs after parking and stopping a hot engine... never opened one up to see if that was the case...

Good luck with yours and glad I was able to find a few sources for the tank...

Rich

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139233#p139233:2gpbq5px said:
n2ppn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:27 pm[/url]":2gpbq5px]
As brianinpa stated before, it's just a plastic "tank" that catches the drained condensation and/or any liquids/moisture (like from riding in the rain) that forms inside the air cleaner outer body... never found anything in mine even after all these years... it "might" have contained some activated charcoal foam or other stuff for emissions control of any gasoline fumes from the carbs after parking and stopping a hot engine... never opened one up to see if that was the case...

Good luck with yours and glad I was able to find a few sources for the tank...

Rich

Thanks so much. Itt's not about what it dose it's more about the vintage look to me I have a lot of time and money invested into this bike an I post on it in my updates . I have had great progress in furthering myself with the help from others here. An I cannot thank them enough.. I also have a 32/32 Stovenbolt carburetor on the bench in a rough form Looking forward to getting this one mounted on the engine I'm going to build up from the block out.