wanting to swap to all led I can

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysteryrider

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be getting my 95 gl1500 on tuesday and wanting to swap to as much led as possible . 2 questions does anyone have a good source for the bulbs and 2nd is there any issues I need to look out for in doing this ?

There's been a few sources listed. Might be on the vendors list. I haven't done the led swap yet myself. I do know you need to either add resistance or use an electronic flasher for the signals to work.

Not sure if the 1500 has the electronic flasher or not..I would guess not but you do need one if you do the turn signals...also many reports of color washout with white bulbs in red and amber lenses so wherever you use them match the color of the lens to the bulb, like a red lens on the tail light use red LED`s..If your tailight uses the bulbs to light the license plate you will need white LED license plate bolts or another way to light the plate.
LED`s can be a hit and miss, from what I researched folks seem happy with the Cree LED`s, as well the 50/50 type are much brighter and preferred in places that the bulb indirectly lights like behind gauges where blue is preffered.
I would just go through the manual and jot down the number of bulbs and the number ON the bulbs, probably many are the same size and part. You can get a better deal on bulk purchases so if you have 6 BA9S bulbs you can get a 10 pack for less then buying individually..
I get mine on Ebay , seems the best selection but there are LED stores that specialize in nothing but bulbs.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129250#p129250:1e2p86pq said:
Mysteryrider » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:20 am[/url]":1e2p86pq]
I will be getting my 95 gl1500 on tuesday and wanting to swap to as much led as possible . 2 questions does anyone have a good source for the bulbs and 2nd is there any issues I need to look out for in doing this ?

These are the type that I am using in the Rats Nest as installed by Steve for the stop/tails ( 6 in total). viewtopic.php?p=76193#p76193
I tried a few amber ones for the flashers but wasn't happy with the intensity and have stayed with conventional bulbs which are brighter and only used intermittently except for the front position 2 which only draw 10 watts. The best change for me to reduce electrical load is my 35w HID headlight bulb after the 6 stop/tails. I have now added another 36w draw with my 2 6cree LED spot lights but the extra usability is worth it imho