• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Water pump Dads 82 1100I WTB

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
Steve says that we need a new water pump so can any one point me in the right direction?

The best price I could find for your pump is at Western Honda at $118. Also, go here and buy this KP gasket set. With these two items, you'll have the basics for this job. While you're at it, I suggest you consider changing out your thermostat, hoses and having your radiator cleaned and pressure tested by a local shop. Ask them to re-solder the joints where the upper and lower tubes attach to the tank. Those are weak points and deserves some pro-active maintenance.

Before starting, I suggest you read through Randakks thread on changing a water pump. Also, at the NGW, read Roady's tutorial as well. After reading through both of them a few times, you'll be ready to tackle this job. The worst part is removing the old stubborn gaskets. Have patience.

Thanks for all the great hints, luckily Steve86 is on the job and I manage to keep my hands clean on this one as well.