Went to NAPA @ lunch

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

Reaction score
Just got back from our local NAPA Auto Parts store where I ordered the following parts....

Timing Belts GL1000 & GL1100
Note: x2 on GL1100s
NAPA #250274 - $26.99 ea

Oil Filter for GL1000 & GL1100
Napa PS4940 - $5.99

Cam Seals
Note: x2 on GL1100s
Napa #ATM 2117994 - $6.09 ea

Thermostat, GL1000 and GL1100
Napa #101 - $7.29

None were in stock but are available overnight and should be here tommorow afternoon. With these and my Athena complete gasket kit that is due any day via UPS I should be set to build my engine over the holiday time off from work! :grin:

Also available are these items, but I am not quite ready for them just yet...

Spark Plugs - 1000, 1100, 1200
D8EA or ND X24ES-U for standard operation - $2.19

Radiator Hoses
Napa #7733 does both top & bottom - $16.33

Radiator Cap
NAPA/Belkamp #703-1445 or STANT #10229.

Signal Flasher
NAPA #552 flasher relay, 2 pole

I can't take credit for the cross referance leg work. I saw that posted elsewhere and just wanted to pass on that these are all good #'s and added current pricing for the ones I ordered. I will be stopping by after work today to pick them up... to busy to get away for lunch, eating out of the "Spinning wheel of Death" sandwich machine here at work.

Nice addition Hoosier Daddy. Couple things to mention:

Radiator Hose ... use your old hoses as a guide for cutting the one piece hose, ended up with 3/4" left after cutting the hose. Watch how you make your cuts and follow the same pattern from the old hose, this is not just a straight cut.

Signal Flasher ... the 1100 "at least my 82" uses a 3 pole unit. The 1000 uses a 2 pole. One type of 3 pole unit is the Tridon Stant EP-28. When installing the Tridon you can use the original rubber mount and on mine the connections were the same. This unit, the same as any electronic flasher will also work with LED lights.

Neil":3rmwevv9 said:
Nice addition Hoosier Daddy. Couple things to mention:

Radiator Hose ... use your old hoses as a guide for cutting the one piece hose, ended up with 3/4" left after cutting the hose. Watch how you make your cuts and follow the same pattern from the old hose, this is not just a straight cut.

Signal Flasher ... the 1100 "at least my 82" uses a 3 pole unit. The 1000 uses a 2 pole. One type of 3 pole unit is the Tridon Stant EP-28. When installing the Tridon you can use the original rubber mount and on mine the connections were the same. This unit, the same as any electronic flasher will also work with LED lights.
Thanks Neil! Voice of experiance is always better than the mearly educated :read:
And that update on the electronic flasher is great!