What a Week

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedoo2

Reaction score
My week started off pretty good. Got the Gold Witch out for a nice Sunday Morning ride. a couple hundred miles of lovely Indiana scenery. Here is a pic from Shakamack State Park near Jasonville, IN. Perfect weather.

IMG_0378_zpswo6y8i7f.jpg

The front suspension was more than a bit choppy, and I decided to go ahead and do the fork oil replacement that I had been putting off. Got the forks off and sweated my arse off on Sunday evening, and finished up the job on Monday; another sweaty mess. turned out that the right fork had very little oil in it.

Ended up that night with some chest pain so I slapped on my nitro patch and pain goes away. Ominous. I had an MRI on my back Tuesday morning without problems but went for some lunch and while I was eating at the favorite Chinese buffet the pain comes back. I rode up to the hospital ER and was admitted. Turns out I was having a mild heart attack.

I had a heart cath Wednesday morning and they fixed a blocked artery, and I
got out yesterday evening and I'm feeling pretty good. Heart works a lot better when it gets enough blood. No damage to my heart, it was very mild, and I should be fine and riding again in a couple of days. Caught a lot of crap about riding the bike to the ER, but I'm a guy and guys do that sort of thing. Funny thing is that I was eating next to an ambulance crew. Could have asked but I didn't.

Word to the wise, don't ignore chest pain, heart problems are fixable these days.

Wow! :shock:

I am glad to hear you are okay! Riding a bike to the ER while experiencing a heart attack. Yep, guy thing......... :moped:

Glad you followed your instincts and Did go in .I lost my dad back in the late 60's to a heart attack that I later found out he had his first one up in Colorado while hunting and ignored it , we just need to admit we men are not always bullet proof and go get checked out .. Great looking bike by the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Glad you got checked and returned to service. Did you happen to ask the doc for a script for "knees in the breeze" tberapy. I hear that's good for what ails ya.