What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode. Took my oldest daughter out for a spin. We did about 50 miles and bonded some over lunch. Priceless! Oh! I did take my seat off to see if I could locate the passenger intercom plug. I ended up pulling the battery and found it coiled and zip tied back there. I'm thinking it doesn't work. The cap that keeps the dirt out is missing and it looks pretty chewed up. I just put it back where I found it and since I had the battery out, I hooked up the pigtail for my battery tender.

Mark

Today it was sunny, clear and 29 degrees out.......perfect day! So what to do to the Wing today?......Start up and go for a nice crisp ride!! (Everything is working correctly and up to date for now...so why not ride? :mrgreen: )

It was a tad cool after 40 minutes, but well worth it!

We got out again this evening. It sprinkled off and on all day and finally, we decided to say the heck with it and went for a ride. Wasn't too bad!

Mark

Today I went to the repair shop where its stored & took off the passenger backrest & the seat & sent them out to be rebuilt.
Its going to be a while before they get it running as their busy with snowmobile repair. And since its winter in Wisconsin theirs really no rush. Besides I have the other scoots to ride in a pinch. :moped:

I didn't ride to work today. Weatherman called for rain, so I wussed out. Blamed it on not having right gear and experience and there's at least a half truth in that. Turns out the weatherman was full of crap and I really felt like a wuss.

So.... Jonesing for a ride, I started her up, rode her down to the gas station and treated her to a top off and some ATF. We're both happy.

Mark

went and took the dyna three off and boxed it up . :read: and i looked at the area under the ing,
those little springs in there,one don't look to bad but i think i should replace them.any ideas as to where to start?
:headscratch:

Just stared at her under the cover while I was putting a heat lamp under my power washer to thaw it out before it gets real cold here 18* right now with another 3-6 inches of the white stuff over nite :music: :music: :music:

removeing rust from crash bars and side covers .....wasnt to fun but wasnt bad either ...im rather pleased the completly rusted side cover are going to come out useable....the crash bars were rusty as could be too and will be useable too .....not perfect by any means but acceptable

ok, it got sunny and around 60degrees.so i went out and uncovered the back half of the wing and after fighting with the bags for awhile i got them off. and wouldn't you know only after43 years one of the springs was broke so i'll have to give vetter a call. then i opened up the rear master cylenderand no fluid. so i put some in. if i knew it would stay nice for a few days. i'd take a shot at tacking the gas tank off. oh well maybe next time.

awhile back I put it on the lift table with the intentions of finally changing the stator but ,,,, well its still sitting there :shock: one of these days i'll have to actually go out there an do something to it :smilie_happy:

I rode mine to work again today. I'm thinking she could almost find her own way there, now.

Mark

I comfortably sat back in my seat and listened as my youngest daughter played the piano! (I guess I should point that it is an upright grand piano.......only fits in the garage........and the Wing is in the garage too! :hihihi: ) I mean...c'mon...my seat is a "Road Sofa"....why not take advantage and use the "Sofa" to listen to my daughter play! :mrgreen:

(So what did I do to the Wing today?.....does the action of sitting on it to listen to music count?? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: )

mcgovern61":2jivejn6 said:
I comfortably sat back in my seat and listened as my youngest daughter played the piano! (I guess I should point that it is an upright grand piano.......only fits in the garage........and the Wing is in the garage too! :hihihi: ) I mean...c'mon...my seat is a "Road Sofa"....why not take advantage and use the "Sofa" to listen to my daughter play! :mrgreen:

(So what did I do to the Wing today?.....does the action of sitting on it to listen to music count?? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: )

As long as you don't hang laundry on her. I'm pretty sure that's a Honda foul.

Mark

Latest posts