What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcgovern61":2gm6q5h1 said:
I comfortably sat back in my seat and listened as my youngest daughter played the piano! (I guess I should point that it is an upright grand piano.......only fits in the garage........and the Wing is in the garage too! :hihihi: ) I mean...c'mon...my seat is a "Road Sofa"....why not take advantage and use the "Sofa" to listen to my daughter play! :mrgreen:

(So what did I do to the Wing today?.....does the action of sitting on it to listen to music count?? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: )

:salute: Sweeeeet , and ya didn't have to put a load on the battery to hear some tunes :good:

went out and took the sending unit out of the tank ,it wasn't pretty. it has somthing in there it smell like varnish.so i put a hose on the pitcock and opened it up to drain but nothing came out didn't think to check it with a stick to see how much was in it but i could really tell by looking. took out the lawn more batty and put it back in the lm. covered her back up. maybe tomorrow i can try agian.

I went out and refurbished a sweet little 2ton bottle jack I bought at a garage sale on Sat. and replaced the screw jack I had in the sidecar's trunk! Nice! A little extra room now and a few ounces less weight.

As long as you don't hang laundry on her. I'm pretty sure that's a Honda foul.

Uh OH!...Mark don't you camp with your bike? I think bikes are perfect for hanging laundry on. When I am on the road I only take a couple pairs of underpants and t-shirts, made from easy dry fabrics and at night I wash out whatever I wore that day and hang them on the rigs mirrors....
My trips are usually pretty long so this is imperative for me.

The last couple days I have been playing with alcohol burner cook stoves to see if I can prune my "galley" down a bit and have a better setup for long distance travel south of the border....
Brian

bk2valve":sjcqwp5u said:
I went out and refurbished a sweet little 2ton bottle jack I bought at a garage sale on Sat. and replaced the screw jack I had in the sidecar's trunk! Nice! A little extra room now and a few ounces less weight.

As long as you don't hang laundry on her. I'm pretty sure that's a Honda foul.

Uh OH!...Mark don't you camp with your bike? I think bikes are perfect for hanging laundry on. When I am on the road I only take a couple pairs of underpants and t-shirts, made from easy dry fabrics and at night I wash out whatever I wore that day and hang them on the rigs mirrors....
My trips are usually pretty long so this is imperative for me.

The last couple days I have been playing with alcohol burner cook stoves to see if I can prune my "galley" down a bit and have a better setup for long distance travel south of the border....
Brian

That's a different matter, altogether! I'm talking about when she's sitting in the garage. You do not hang laundry on her, that's what fitness equipment is for. :smilie_happy:

So I finaly got the faring back on, then drained the oil and water, pulled the front of the engine and replaced the seals and "O" rings. Got it all back togather so I can replace the fluids tomorrow and maybe take a little ride :wave:

I crawled under my 83 1100 GL ASPY and took pictures of the rear bumper. Does anyone know what type it is or what hitch will fit it??? Or even better yet does someone have a hitch to fit it and will sell it???? It has chrome bracing running to the shock, seat mounts in the rear of the bike and two braces running to the front bar (bottom picture). These brace bars run back to the rear and the rear bumper slides into and clamps to them (first picture). The inner bumper has a thick center and bolts to the chrome bumper. This part of the bumper is solid metal with support on the top and bottom. It almost looks like the hitch would just bolt to the bottom of it. So does anyone know of a hitch for this bumper??

Attachments

• IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2336.JPG
    IMG_2336.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2322.JPG
    IMG_2322.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 180
Today I dusted her off, put a fresh gallon of gas in and ran a couple errands.

Found out there's something wrong with the rear brakes, as in there aren't any so I'll be shopping for a new rear master cylinder since I just rebuilt this one.
I had a suspicion the cylinder bore was going to chew up the seal. :rant:

I have a 1978 GL 1000 , I installed two new dyna green coils today and started her up and let her run and changed the oil. :moped:

I just picked up a 1983 GL1100 Standard with 21k miles. I changed the left clutch controls and put in new selenoid. I will be picking up a new battery soon so I'll be ready to ride. I hope the alternator is good because pulling the engine isn't something I want to do.

Latest posts