What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=195625#p195625:3ss3hj40 said:
PurpleGL1200I » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 pm[/url]":3ss3hj40]
Filled the 85I & 86A with non-alcoholic gas, starting the fall layup routine.
Next step - change oil & filter on both.

Now that's a bummer. Here, the riding season is pretty much reversed. We're starting to gear up now for a resumption of serious riding. During Summer, trips are either VERY early, or VERY early and making a beeline for the MOUNTAINS. It has been a long, hot Summer.

I also have a growing list of garage projects piling up. I am ready.

Took the gauge cluster off mine and am going to replace the bulbs with LEDs. They'll be here tomorrow but I have to go to Michigan. Will put them in Wednesday.

Does help to keep the center of gravity low, so their not as top heavy as the older bike's were. Cut my teeth on British bikes, their junk by the 1200 Gold Wing standards.

Last night's ride home from work felt so good I got a little "Sporty" into a sweeping highway interchange, and scraped my floorboard. :music: I'm generally a pretty conservative rider and I haven't done that in many years. Man, the bikes feeling good! :Egyptian:

tinman38 wrote; My old 650 Triumph Bonny sure could carve the canyons.
True enough!!! My 750 Tiger was sharp as a razor, :yes: but like an old straight razor, needed a lot of sharpening good for a smooth shave. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195807#p195807:1qqcoegm said:
Rednaxs60 » Yesterday, 4:30 pm[/url]":1qqcoegm]
Turned over 140,000 Km - a bit of a milestone in the north here.

Why's 140k so special there. Do things freeze up permanently after so long? :headscratch:

finished putting the carbs into the belly of the beast not all the way installed just fought with the choke and throttle cable and I won but not without battle scars not to bad will clean up the blood tomorrow. also fought a valiant fight with the rear caliper (pistons refuse to come out) tomorrow the torch.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195882#p195882:1ascpwlc said:
tinman38 » 1 minute ago[/url]":1ascpwlc]
finished putting the carbs into the belly of the beast not all the way installed just fought with the choke and throttle cable and I won but not without battle scars not to bad will clean up the blood tomorrow. also fought a valiant fight with the rear caliper (pistons refuse to come out) tomorrow the torch.

Trick I've heard is to use a grease gun to pressurize the caliper, not something I've had to utilize.

Be afraid of all the grease and getting it out. That is a beautiful bike you have, I have its twin sister( The Bitch) she is the kind of bike that can't stand being loved she has this thing for fighting me with every bolt and nut but she will be tamed even if she kills me.

Latest posts