What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thought of a writing down the work done sounds like a foreign idea we have to guess in America. Was working on the bike doing some lighting and decided to check the oil in engine if it had more oil in it ,it would have oil coming out the valve covers. got to be at least a quart high all the way to the top of dipstick. The lighting in the trunk box someone grafted a red and black wire it lights up a left marker but nothing else no wires for the eight if hooked up it looks kind of lonely all by itself with nobody else burning have no idea what its for all the other lights work.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196080#p196080:klq77dgm said:
desertrefugee » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:42 pm[/url]":klq77dgm]
He hasn't had his coffee yet…
Am I the only one who sees the joke here?
joedrum":klq77dgm said:
Sheesh ...they just don't make it good anymore lol..
Darn thing only lasted thirty years! Whatever happened to the "lifetime" guarantees? :Doh2:

Shifter shaft seal, coolant drain washer, oil drain washer, differential fill oring. Darn thing was leaking everywhere. This Summer lay-up seemed to bother it more than most. (Can't actually blame the shifter shaft seal on Summer, though) :oops:

Since I'm getting ready for the trip south, leaving maintenance and work issues alone - enjoying the ride, and detailing/cleaning in preparation for the trip.

Using the Honda spray cleaner wax on the plastic body parts and Mothers "Back to Black" on the smaller vinyl/plastic pieces. Does a good job.

Cheers

I just rode to work today, still there now. Working 11am to 11pm, Really looking forward to the ride home. It has been unusually hot here this week, so the 40 miles home will be refreshing.... :moped: The Interstate is running good and strong. :yahoo:

Well what did I do today received 2 windshields from lea bay for $19.00 plus s&h one was broken. Ever hear of ci ci shields?.
the rest of the day was getting my led order together I have taken some advice and am getting them from Super Brite. This was the only site that had a large selection for motorcycles. The rest of the day was spent chasing gremlins in the wiring system. Where is the dog bone fuse supposed to be? Well much more tomorrow going to sync. the carbs.Hope you all had a good wed. Oh I need to call fed ex about damage. Later

Got new rear tire mounted.

Was going to get a Shinko which had to be order. Instead went with a Dunlop American Elite.
$239 with spin balance and 90 degree stem. More than I wanted to spend but it’s done.

image.php

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196145#p196145:3qriduwm said:
Ohara » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:56 am[/url]":3qriduwm]
Nice looking tire, let us know how it rides... :thanks:
+1 :good:

That is a great looking tire Dan, but I just get pee shivers thinking about $239. I just got the front and rear tires replaced, mounted and balanced, for about $250 total. But I am cheap. The goal now is to have the Gold Witch nice an ready for spring so I can sell it and find a nice 1500. Don't new tires ride nice? Yeah.

Use of the word nice here is redundant.

I just received the new set of tires I got for my wing today! The bad is that I wont have time to install them this week end. I got a set of shinko 712 front and back. I did some research and some have use these in the gl1000 and gl1100 and reviews are positive. Since my 81 gl1100i wing is naked I went for it. Ill let you know how they do.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Came to the conclusion that I need to pull the carbs off of the 84 to check the air cutoff valve. Dang thing backfires on deceleration with the throttle closed, so I think I have a problem...

cowboy45":vu8qvto5 said:
I just received the new set of tires I got for my wing today! The bad is that I wont have time to install them this week end. I got a set of shinko 712 front and back. I did some research and some have use these in the gl1000 and gl1100 and reviews are positive. Since my 81 gl1100i wing is naked I went for it. Ill let you know how they do.

The new set of shoes for my oldwing. I'm planning to install them over the weekend.
62f1a1c5b0cfc99c626544469b536fa7.jpg

I put on a great set of highway pegs that I got on Amazon. They look like a Kuryakin set for half the money. $62. I have a new sound system coming. Kenwood receiver, new 6.5' speakers that change colors and an Alpine power unit. All told a little over $300 but I'm worth it says me. Hope I can install it without loosing my religion.

Last night I pulled the carb rack and found that the new air cut-off valve had a small, and I mean small, knick in it. I put the best used one I had back in, and reinstalled the carbs. Wouldn't you know it, the back firing has stopped!

Latest posts