what do you,do ? when it rains..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom foreman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well,the 82 1100 standard.wing is fine.so ,ill work on this 54 triumph and a few :salute: .still have 85 1200 project.putting v-max side air pods on my 85 wing.wiring-up my daughters house just passed first inspection. :music: . :builder: :salute: what do you do?.on rain days.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 85 1200 paint job 002.jpg
    85 1200 paint job 002.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 179
It rained twice today, so I pulled the rear tire off the gl1000 (went flat twice) and decided to replace the rear & front tire , - both were 2003 models. Also ordered front & rear brake pads because the back ones were almost to the metal. Bike will set until parts get here next weekend.

I ain't been able to ride in two weeks, due to rain/tornadoes, etc. :crying: SO...instead of sitting around, I decided, after 10 years, to tear into my 'Burban, and get it running on all 8 again. :lazy:
It's developed a dead cylinder a loooong time ago, so I just parked it....cause I'm too lazy to mess with stuff like that at home. But, since the new laws in Texas require a vehicle to pass a State inspection before getting it registered, I figured I better get off me lazy a :sensored: and fix it. Pulled the driver side head off yesterday, and sure enough, dang exhaust valve on #7 was flopping around. Valve guide is so worn out that compression was coming up past the stem, and blowing into the valve cover. Beat the seat right out of the head, and burned the crap outta the valve. Head is not repairable....nor would I want it back. So...now I get to buy another head/gaskets, and slap this turd back together....after I drill/extract 2 broken head bolts out of the block.... :rant: :sensored: :head bang:

A little back story. I put this engine in this truck back in 2003. The truck had just a smidge over 100,000 miles on it. It now has 29,000 on this engine. POS from day one. I knew I shoulda just built the dang thing meself, but at the time, I needed it done quickly, so I bought a long block from a local engine shop, even tho I knew from experience it was a crap shoot.
And crap it was.... :builder:

Nothing worse tha paying for a professional job that turns out to not be that professional :(

Since yur gunna be in there anyway throw a single plane manifold, 4 barrel carb, 3/4 cam, nitrous, hi power ignition and headers on that puppy. :mischief: Oh yeah, and some 4/10 gears and traction bars... Maybe some slicks too.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148956#p148956:2fu1syzx said:
Omega Man » Sun May 17, 2015 5:15 pm[/url]":2fu1syzx]
Since yur gunna be in there anyway throw a single plane manifold, 4 barrel carb, 3/4 cam, nitrous, hi power ignition and headers on that puppy. :mischief: Oh yeah, and some 4/10 gears and traction bars... Maybe some slicks too.

Naw....did ya miss the part aboot me being LAZY? :cheeky: :smilie_happy: