What the Hell was he thinking! ( hope this wasn't one of our guys)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy's an idiot. He needs to be chemically castrated, to make sure he is incapable of producing any more offspring, and that his bloodline ends with him, since he's obviously another product from the shallow end of the gene pool. And yes, he needs to be held accountable for all the laws that he broke, including the totally preventable death of his son. What a moron...stupid is as stupid does...

Is this a typo:
“Shannon was on his street bike with the baby seated between himself and the handlebars,” said Unified Police Department Detective Levi Hughes. “He got up to a high rate of speed, well in excess of the 10 MPH speed limit, and tried to go around a corner but he couldn’t stop in time.”
I mean 10 mph is considered a high rate of speed? I understand that 10 mph very possibly is a high rate of speed for a 1 year old, but the wording doesn't sound right.

Now as far as the father is concerned, there are times that common sense needs to over-ride one's personal belief's and I think this is one of them. The dad probably just wanted to expose his son to his motorcycle but doing it safely should have been his primary concern. Sadly now, this guy has the rest of his life to realize the error of his ways.

brianinpa":3s6g59tt said:
Is this a typo:
I mean 10 mph is considered a high rate of speed? I understand that 10 mph very possibly is a high rate of speed for a 1 year old, but the wording doesn't sound right.

I guess they were thinking > 10mph is pretty fast in a parking lot with at least one hand trying to balance a child on the tank. It may be pretty slow speed but it is the speed bad things happen on motorcycles. Last year in Welland (bout ten minutes away) a guy on a new Harley pulled up to a stop sign (there was some road construction going on at the time) and just before he came to a stop he and the bike fell over, his head hit a curb and he died.
I see alot more bikes going over at slow speeds than high.