What's this....?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirGary

Reaction score
I bought a parts bike and it has something I not only never seen, but never heard about and I thought I'd ask here what it is..

I assume it is an air pressure aftermarket attatchment that stiffens up the front forkes on the suspintion but wanted to make sure..

What I want to know is if it has any advantages or disadvantages and if it was worth transfering to my ride..

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 158
As the picture shows, there is a guage with black yubes that lead to the top of the forks. The top cap is modified to receive the tubes...

I did release the pressure and the front forks did drop...

Anyone ever see this sort of thing before?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141706#p141706:6fxsr630 said:
toytender01 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm[/url]":6fxsr630]
Never seen a setup like that. it is just a setup to monitor fork pressure and adjust the level
It looks like both.

Just when you think you have seen it all, somthing new is posted. I can see where that would make monitoring and adjusting a lot easier in the days before progressive springs but those negate the need for air all together.

It's neat, but...why would anyone need a gauge that reads to 100psi on forks that only take, what, 10-12psi? Seems to me the gauge wouldn't be all that accurate at the psi the forks actually use. Neat idea, just needs a different gauge to be really useful, imho. :mrgreen: