Windows 10 upgrade

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my brother and I having a strange problem with right click menu not opening in explorer. Mine just started, his has been doing this for a week or so but otherwise 10 has been running at least as good or better than 7.

My speakers worked before W-10 upgrade... they don't work anymore. :head bang: :rant:

Adding to my misery, I just got an iPad Pro 12 inch for work and this is my first Apple device... I am like a fish out of water. At least the sound is a bit better than my PC. :BigGrin:

So far, my PC at home is working great on 10. This laptop at werk however, is a pos. Freezes up all the friggin time.
I still can't find half the crap I need to find on 10, that I could find easily with 7, but that's most likely operator error.....

Been more than 30 days and Windows 10 is working like a rocket in this PC. I am very happy with the upgrade. No hardware issues yet even with some of my older hardware! :yes:

I've been running Win10 for some time now, I hated 8 but I really love 10, it has some great features and hasn't given my any problems. No problem burning DVDs or CDs however some time back I began using Jump drives for my backups, I also use Windows One Drive and really like that but I don't backup any sensitive data to it, like bank and tax records.

One draw back it if you have video games you like, many aren't going to run on it, but the only video games I play is MS Flight Simulator and it works find on 10.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=176118#p176118:1m31j0ot said:
OldWrench » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:42 pm[/url]":1m31j0ot]
I've been running Win10 for some time now, I hated 8 but I really love 10, it has some great features and hasn't given my any problems. No problem burning DVDs or CDs however some time back I began using Jump drives for my backups, I also use Windows One Drive and really like that but I don't backup any sensitive data to it, like bank and tax records.

One draw back it if you have video games you like, many aren't going to run on it, but the only video games I play is MS Flight Simulator and it works find on 10.
Which version of MS Flight Sim? I have several versions (not installed yet) and have a full flight yoke and pedals. Changing a few computers back, I never re-installed and looked forward to "flying" again!

I'm running flight Simulator X, the only thing I use if for is practicing IFR, it is pretty accurate, ad in some wind and turbulence and autopilot failure and it make it real interesting. I have also added in left or right engine failure on the King Air and Barron during approach, well death is very quick.

Ditched my XP Pro machine finally and built a new box for Windows 10. It boots quick (about 15 seconds) and runs everything I use. The new box is a quad 4 processor (3.5 GHZ), SSD, 16GB RAM.