Wing Security,Keeping it Safe

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl62cycles

Reaction score
I normally lock my Wing rear tire with a kryptonite-4 lock.And also carry a spare :yes: .One on each bag.Had a used regular car alarm installed once someway back :whistling: .But remote died on me :doh: .Allways planning on installing another one :mrgreen: .Wonder what type of deterrent is used on Wings by CGW members :ahem:

Harbor Freight. Twenty bucks. Works as advertised.

Wings live in this 10'x20' out front by the street. The transmitter is zip tied to a tent pole inside. The reciever lives on my nightstand.

I also have an 8 camera security system (mostly for parental control) but the alarm will let me know right now if somebody's mess'n around. It will wake you from a sound sleep-no problem.

I have an alarm on mine for when I go out on overnight trips.

Normally around home riding I don't lock any more than the bags and steering and at home it's in the garage.

Omega Man keeps his outside.
I know he locks his, maybe he'll chime in also.

dan filipi":2y8b9gi0 said:

Normally around home riding I don't lock any more than the bags and steering and at home it's in the garage.

Is it a presence alarm,or the regular shock type ?(liked the one I had)

scdmarx":19tsy6ca said:
Harbor Freight. Twenty bucks. Works as advertised.

Wings live in this 10'x20' out front by the street. The transmitter is zip tied to a tent pole inside. The reciever lives on my nightstand.

I also have an 8 camera security system (mostly for parental control) but the alarm will let me know right now if somebody's mess'n around. It will wake you from a sound sleep-no problem.
Howbout outside.out riding.

carl62cycles":2fzfj2fz said:
dan filipi":2fzfj2fz said:

Is it a presence alarm,or the regular shock type ?(liked the one I had)

Shock type.

carl62cycles":33wv61pn said:

Lock the boxes and put the key in my pocket. It hasn't really been a problem, yet. I find myself more concerned that somebody might take a helmet and leave me stranded more than anything else. I don't normally hang out in the Watts vicinity like you and Dan though. :smilie_happy:

scdmarx":2dnhfu72 said:
carl62cycles":2dnhfu72 said:

Lock the boxes and put the key in my pocket. It hasn't really been a problem, yet. I find myself more concerned that somebody might take a helmet and leave me stranded more than anything else. I don't normally hang out in the Watts vicinity like you and Dan though. :smilie_happy:

Ouch, that hurt!

scdmarx":6yhx241t said:
carl62cycles":6yhx241t said:

Hey Marx it's only up to 4:00 am and normally get there by 9:00 pm. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:.Anyone for Compton this weekend night. :shock:

chasrogers":1fhnphi4 said:
my bike has a NADY system on it it comes with a pager to let me know if it is gettin messed with. second system is not legal in canada I sure wish it was. failling that a rotty tyed to the bike is also a good idea just make sure he is nuttered or he will take the bike on a date with him LOL Chasrogers
Piece of mind with a Pager.Nice :good: .Used to work at a junk yard & ended up buying a cover since always had public around the bike,and after seen a dude on it :rant: .Got the cap from the leather grip stolen once(the ones that come with a golden eagle).The bike used to be inside the place, but the owner let people in to check stuff inside :head bang: . :mrgreen:

:headscratch:
I never really considered it...
The couple of times I've been where I couldn't be around to see it for any length of time, I put the cover on it, ran the cable-lock thru it and the frame, and left it. So far, so good. People really don't pay much attention anymore to alarms going off, anyway. It might catch someone's attention, but what would they do? Watch someone steal yer crap, that's what. Now..the pager system is pretty kewl...at least you would know if someone was messin with it.
There is a new Lo-Jack system out now that you can monitor yourself, and it notifies you directly thru a phone/text/e-mail message, if I remember correctly. It was designed more for owners of classic cars, but I believe they also mentioned bikes. I was just reading aboot it earlier this week... :read:

dan filipi":3kz3de54 said:
I heard Compton has the highest crime rate in Ca.

Baaaad town to hang out in.

This house was in Copmton. The oil slick on the sidewalk is where I used to build motorcycles with swap meet parts. Plastic milk crates made good center stands. They said the same thing about Compton back in those days too. But rent was nice and cheap and you couldn't find a cop. We didn't get messed with much. We needed our space and took it. That must have been the only token cracker house in a 20 mile radius. Now there is a freeway where this house used to be.

I use a cable lock with a reminder tether so I don't rip up my new fender. I'm thinking the rear tire might be better now but what a hassle. Locking the front wheel is a drag already because I rarely drive the cager.

~O~

AApple":2d3n6vxd said:
:headscratch:
I never really considered it...
The couple of times I've been where I couldn't be around to see it for any length of time, I put the cover on it, ran the cable-lock thru it and the frame, and left it. So far, so good. People really don't pay much attention anymore to alarms going off, anyway. It might catch someone's attention, but what would they do? Watch someone steal yer crap, that's what. Now..the pager system is pretty kewl...at least you would know if someone was messin with it.
There is a new Lo-Jack system out now that you can monitor yourself, and it notifies you directly thru a phone/text/e-mail message, if I remember correctly. It was designed more for owners of classic cars, but I believe they also mentioned bikes. I was just reading aboot it earlier this week... :read:
Cable lock underneath the bike to hold the cover (forgot to mention that) I used it with a small lock. :yes:

Omega Man":1ta2n2s7 said:
I use a cable lock with a reminder tether so I don't rip up my new fender. I'm thinking the rear tire might be better now but what a hassle. Locking the front wheel is a drag already because I rarely drive the cager.

~O~
Great idea :yes: .Liked your system with the reminder :good: .By the way... nice clear looking pic. of the bike.There's something bout these 1100 :music: .