• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1979 GL1000 Rectifier

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 volt? The rectifer is in the charging system. It is after the stator but before the regulator. It has three yellow, two green, one red and one red/white wires going to it. When I ohmed it out, forward and reverse bias, I did not get the readings the book calls for so I am replacing it hoping it will fix my no charging problem. I have already checked the stator and it's good, I have continuity between all three yellow wires and no continuity between the three yellow wires and ground. So if the rectifier doesn't fix it, it will be onto the regulator.

According to Bike Bandit, 75-79 all have the same part number and 80-83 have the same number between them but different than the 1000. Glider101 said he may have one off an 81. I sent him some pics and measurements to see because my 82 wouldn't fit. The 1100 is 3" across the fins and and the 1000 is 2" across the fins. The 1000 mounts behind the left side cover whereas the 1100 mounts under the shelter. Electrically, the plugs are the same and the ohm readings are the same so in a pinch I think with some redneck engineering, baling wire and duct tape, it would work/fit. I will keep you in mind if his won't fit. I'd like to keep the bike as original as possible.

I believe the 1100s combined the regulator and rectifier into one unit. Might take some rewiring but electrically it should work.

Not a fast moving part no more than $40 including shipping, do you have a pic of the old one you can send me I wish to ensure I match it EXACTLY for you.
All my used parts carry 90 day warranty as well, FYI.