1200 into a 1000 chopped

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i am totally impressed as eric always says hes not that good and very humble .....but to me ..he is determine as me .....i think he got led by people who really less than his skills with there bs ....i seemed to see them better than he did ...so what eric was determine enough to wade his way through ....and this completely brings to the table how sensitive the cv carbs are ... i seen this and had a carb that was not prone to this in hand and went another direction

i always thought all along on how to help eric quest ....and really only came up with one thing i thought would help and that was to add weight to the slides to slow them down ...but in the enviroment of the threads seen no way to post that so i didnt ...

i must say eric effort that led him to use the tubes ...was a five star event in my book .. and seen as soon as i read it that it was great move ....

me and eric traveled a long road ... and bs has never been part of any of our posting s i seen it .... but bs seemed to be heavy from others ... me and eric are the ones who stuck with it and determin to get these bikes to work ....i tip my hat to eric you are at the top of the heap in reality bigtime ...and thats how i see it :hi: ...im rather sure this will work eric ...put in some time and lets find out ...your ithink you you hit the ball out of the park :mrgreen:

hey eric there is a randakk approved dual weber setup at ngw .....for the bargain price of just 800$ ....1600$ new ...what a deal ... that would be neat to see if the set up could perform on your 1200 beast ....if there anything that the weber outfit has ..your bike would test it for sure ....to bad its still no bargain at 800$ ...sheesh and people think a c5 is expensive ....

I really like mine just the way it is right now. I think I'd go supercharger before dual Webber's. Bought a 93 Seville STS which has been consuming my energies as well as a few bucks. $600 and it's pretty clean. New crank sensors, ignition module and plug wires and it's running well. Needs a radiator and a fan. I hope that's it. Northstar motors are impressive. I rolled an 83 1100 into my garage to chop. I think I will rake this one quite a bit more and put my Magna forks on it, then put the 1100 forks on Schizoid. I have the forks up 5" in the trees right now in Schizoid and like the height and ride. I hope to move my footpegs somewhere more comfortable too. They seem awkward getting my feet on them. I believe I lowered and moved my seat back a few inches from stock, which made the pegs made a bit too far forward. It's hard for me to get my feet up and on the pegs likely due to my bad hips. I cut the material off the back so it's a bobber now. I'm hoping to make a rear seat backrest which can be easy-on easy-off. I have another 1200 for $500 if I could get it past my wife. The bike needs a stator, the wife needs------ more than a stator. I should sell a few things and snag that. I would love to have a naked 1200 with 1000 heads to compare rides.

my son has a seville northstar ...your right what a car and ride ... im just over happy with the 1200 final gearing ....and it dose really let you know how good these 1200 modded beast are compared to stock ....yes the dual weber set up dosnt really seem to boost the out put much ...and the lack of video ride proof ..tells me it must not be to impressive or it would be there im thinking .... seems i am getting supercharge performace out of my bike from the videos ive seen of them running ... but there are a few builds going on now with decent ignition set ups that might really be something ...better than whats been done so far

Hi just a question about the tank, what is the hole underneath the tank and what did you do to it, I make an assumption here that it is a fuel out let via a filter or something?

For fuel lines I reached in through the hole and found tubes running inside. One must be for the vent overflow, the other is fuel return line. I couldn't see where the return line went. I used air pressure to find the right side tube was overflow. I used a hacksaw blade to cut the other off near the fuel pump opening. I then took the back half of the line and pushed it down to the side. This is my fuel line now. I could cut the other and get it to the lower part too, then adjust so one is higher than the other to have a reserve. This spring, I should install a proper petcock with a reserve line. The opening was closed using the stock fuel pump gasket and some plate steel drilled to the gasket dimensions.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139131#p139131:dmv1qlqv said:
ekvh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 pm[/url]":dmv1qlqv]
For fuel lines I reached in through the hole and found tubes running inside. One must be for the vent overflow, the other is fuel return line. I couldn't see where the return line went. I used air pressure to find the right side tube was overflow. I used a hacksaw blade to cut the other off near the fuel pump opening. I then took the back half of the line and pushed it down to the side. This is my fuel line now. I could cut the other and get it to the lower part too, then adjust so one is higher than the other to have a reserve. This spring, I should install a proper petcock with a reserve line. The opening was closed using the stock fuel pump gasket and some plate steel drilled to the gasket dimensions.

Thanks for the quick reply, I am looking at this conversion for my own bike. I can get one here with no dents just paint scratches for just over 100 pounds. Good deal I thought.

Posted this at ngw, Update, still same ol crappy paint job. My Harley mufflers developed a pretty good rattle in the baffles and after failed attempts to pull them out, I hacked them off with a sawzall at the beginning of the reverse bell at the end of the pipes. I put the baffles back in and reversed the bell making them more megaphone style. Louder? Yes. Too much? probably. If you don't accelerate hard, it's barely noticeable, but hit the throttle much at all, and they are loud. Riding in a pack of open-pipe Harley's, I might hear my own bike now,lol, no disrespect intended. Change performance jetting? Yes. I also fitted an 1100 air filter as my 1000 was leaking. This raised Cain or cane? with my jetting. I messed with it a bit and have it close I think. At first I tried a washer under the needle, made it worse. I am up about 10mm in most jets except idle jet and idle air jet. Primary is 70 jet with 130 air, Main jet is 130 with 70 air. Idle is still 35, but with an air jet of only 70. Still have some pops on deceleration. And a little burbling around 2500. Will have to watch plugs. Maybe the idle air jet can go back closer to stock now that I switched the others. I dropped it to 70 to improve off idle response.

I guess it is true what has been said here about messing with the intake side, it does affect jetting.

Eric,i havent read all 1000 pages of this so,can you tell me how you mounted the front of the tank?thanks

It has two rubber bump stops like many tanks. They are bolted where the false tank frame bolts up. I have a rubber hold down on it to keep it in place.

Trying something outside the box tomorrow to cure my deceleration pops. I totally blocked the hole for the return air on the cut-off valve with JBWeld. (I have a few extras) When the vacuum overcomes the spring and closes the diaphragm, it will get no air. It should pull plenty of fuel in. If too much, I will try drilling small holes. Maybe it needs a little air to allow the fuel to flow?

yep the whole concept of air cutoff and waisted spark just dont go together ....having spark and fuel in exhaust stroke dosnt sound like sound engineering....on hooch i get some backfire while coming off of gas ....when hooches plugs were running richer it didnt backfire as much ...now that plugs are way leaner it backfires more ...not sure if this mens anything on your set up ...but its how its playing out on mine so far....only thing not hooked up on mine is crossover and i dont think that will make a difference in backfires but not sure there at all just a guess....

did some over 80mph run on interstate ... bike ran great and response was great ...so its very hard for me to think theres anything wrong here having sooty plugs like your saying might be an over rich situation at idle maybe but leaner up higher ..i know ive had lots of changing charge with the weber through rpm zone... :popcorn:

Back to to the jetting game. Bumped the main air jet to 80 and the idle air jet to 80. Better but still cackles from 4500 down to 3000. Tomorrow I'll try a 85-90 air jets. Seems this is right where I was a year ago.

eric,forgot to ask,how are you getting the gas out of the tank,what kind of valve are you using?

Latest posts