1200 into a 1000 chopped

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the wiring down to where it turns he motor over with the clutch pulled in. What a nightmare trying to use parts from different bikes. I have to figure the neutral switch out and headlight next.anyoneknow what color the wires for neutral in an 85 1200? There is a six wire connector coming from the front cover which I assume is 5 gears plus neutral? I am wounding about my diodes. They are supposed to show continuity in one direction. Is it with power connected or just sitting in your hand?

Thanks, Gents, now I have a neutral switch. I guess I'll try wiring into the clutch-by-pass disconectumdeigniterstarterdontkillyourselfer switch. How do I hook it to the 1000 harness with Magna rt and left pods??? I should have done what Joe did. I'd be riding right now.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84910#p84910:1okexte0 said:
ekvh » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:23 pm[/url]":1okexte0]Thanks, Gents, now I have a neutral switch. I guess I'll try wiring into the clutch-by-pass disconectumdeigniterstarterdontkillyourselfer switch. How do I hook it to the 1000 harness with Magna rt and left pods??? I should have done what Joe did. I'd be riding right now.

:Awe: :nea:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I get fatigued just reading about the work you are putting into this bike - I don't understand it but Hats off to you ..!! :hi:

I have turn signals, brake lights, running lights, I mean I have the wiring figured out. I still have 101 or 102 wires hanging there but o have enough to git-er-done and ride this thing. The Magna had self cancelling turn signals....someday. The 1200 has a few wires from the granny that I haven't figured what they're for yet. I also need to find some matching connectors between the various machines I have pirated from. I am going to the you'll to see what I can raid there tomorrow, then home Saturday to pick up a few parts. Hope to fire this baby up Sunday or Monday. Wish me luck. Thanks for all the help.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84897#p84897:4oc3wtj4 said:
backlander » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 am[/url]":4oc3wtj4]Thanks Joe, Dan and I conspired together on getting it in the gallery :laptop: :laptop: , with him doing most of the work. :builder: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Yep, and a nice manual it is!
Wish the earlier models had the wiring diagram like it.

Lotsa good stuff in the Gallery and adding to it whenever I have time.

Lunch time. Spaghetti anyone???
image.jpg
I think I have a little more cutting and removing then finish up soldering connections for now. Pick up a battery, headlight and plugs for it tomorrow.

I thought in The interest of building a chopped project you would only need 3 wires ( start, stop and run) not a full bowl of pasta. :smilie_happy:

Well, I'm doing the relay mod tomorrow. That first day this thing was awesome off throttle, but today she had trouble staying running, mind you, I am running jumpers from a car battery to the cables, no motorcycle battery yet. I did some checking tonight, and I found I had 12.9 volts at the battery connections, but only 11.9 at the wire going to the coils. That can't be good at idle and just off idle. I'll report back. I got more wiring hooked up today and about ready to start taping everything back together.

Latest posts