1980 GL 1100 fuel injection

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently working, slowly because of lack of time to mess with it, on a FI system on an 1100 engine. I am using the throttle body off an early FI civic. I need to come up with a manifold but I think for starters I will use a set of carbs with the throttle plates tied open. I am trying to use the control unit out of the civic. Had to make signal pickups on the cam gears which was a challenge without machine shop equipment but I did manage to get as far as getting the injector to pulse. If I ever get time to get back on it I should be close to success, hopefully.
I did look at a metro setup and thought it may be the way to go.

I have been in touch with captain midnight about his carb set up , and i like what i see but i dont want to buy something and have to take it some where to have it welded or machined , i and it looks to run over $500 to change the bike over

Good luck with that Factory Electronic Control Unit, I hope it works out for you guys. The problem you will run into is the power curve might not be the same and most stock ECUs use a narrow band o2 sensor which wont let it adjust very far. I had to completely redo my fuel map when i installed the 77 Cams. The only reason to change anything from stock is because you really like to work on things, and it is nice to be able to hook a Laptop to it and make an adjustment or turn on auto-tune and go for a ride

great to hear from you travis ...great mod travis ...so you put 77 cams in too ...i have a 1100 setup with early cams and carbs and its quite a bit moree powerful ...it makes sense you had to readjust things for the switch ....cool

Hi, I am new to the site also like what you have done. Like everyone else I would like some more pics and details, I have a 84 ll00 that is to be my project bike. I have a late 80's 1200 I want to put in place and the FI sounds like the way to go. Good lluck and keep up posted.

Latest posts