81 1200 Project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I installed coil spring shocks in the rear, the light comes on above 20 MPH. Thinkin I can re-purpose for something else as a warning light while riding. Fully functional, just not sure what to use it for. The lense color (or bulb) changes are a good idea.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171129#p171129:u7ez2xxf said:
dan filipi » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:29 pm[/url]":u7ez2xxf]
That's a good idea!
+1 :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171120#p171120:3iyezrfn said:
mcgovern61 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm[/url]":3iyezrfn]
Since I installed coil spring shocks in the rear, the light comes on above 20 MPH. Thinkin I can re-purpose for something else as a warning light while riding. Fully functional, just not sure what to use it for. The lense color (or bulb) changes are a good idea.

There is a wire back by the rear brake reservoir where the rear shock air hoses were at. Is that wire still connected to something? On my 1100 the light only came on for 10 seconds after I started the motor and my wires were cut by the PO.

I got home from work this afternoon and decided it was time to work on the rear end. I pulled the swingarm and the fuel tank. That's the good news. The bad news is I have more things that need to be cleaned... :head bang: I also realized that the wire harness for the rear turn signals and tail light need to be fixed. At least my soldering is getting better...

I am using the same carburetor but I was having problems getting it to idle. It sounds good on your 1100, but like you said it did run rich. Maybe it will be fine on the 1200. I guess that the C5 does not need a vacuum?

I got home from work today and it seems the mail lady delivered a package marked "Genuine Honda Parts"...

:party:

Now the clutch slave is rebuilt, all seals have been replaced and the remaining o-rings also replaced. It's a good feeling when the "new" parts bag only has exhaust gaskets and intake o-rings left in it. :mrgreen: