C5 ignition tune up and Road Trip!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fredrichsburg TX.

240 awesome miles today, as expected the winds dropped off the more we got into the hill country, passed through some great little towns on highway 87, the most picturesque of all was Mason TX, wish we'd stopped and took pics.

Passed the 2000 mile mark today also, gonna head to Luckenback tomorrow, it's only 10 miles outside of town.

Getting between 35-40 MPG out of the old girl depending on what kind of road we're on. The Harley's getting slightly less.

As far as weather is concerned, I think somehow god thinks our $#!T don't stink, we could not have been any luckier.

Luckenbach TX.

Sat out some bad weather again today in Fredricksburg and headed for Luckenbach for the day, met some good people and Jon sat in with the guitar pickers.

Heading back home to Spring TX tomorrow, great way to end the run.

Attachments

• Luckenbach TX 010.jpg
    Luckenbach TX 010.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Luckenbach TX 007.jpg
    Luckenbach TX 007.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Luckenbach TX 006.jpg
    Luckenbach TX 006.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Luckenbach TX 004.jpg
    Luckenbach TX 004.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 125
Spring TX. Home. A 2300 mile round trip, and what a trip!

Came back with tales of cowboys, outlaws, Indians, good ol' boys, rednecks, bikers and aliens.

Riden in desert, high plains, mountains,forest, hill country and some of the loneliest stretches of highway I've ever seen, (basically, if you broke down out there, something would most likely kill you before your found).

And that old wing took it better than I did most of the time.

Special thanks to Izzy and his son Marcus at Legends Custom Shop and Bar out on old Route 66, east of Amarillo.

And of course you guys. Without whom, this motorcycle would not exist. Thanks fella's!!! :BigGrin:

Glad you had such a great trip, these old bikes remind me of the Timex watch adds in the early 50's. :yes: Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. :smilie_happy: Great old bikes, i feel like a rich man when i see my fleet of old scoots :good:

Oh, believe me, if you've got anything like this old Honda, "You are rich". And having money ain't got nothin to do with it.

Attachments

• 20170513_211455.jpg
    20170513_211455.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 92
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190814#p190814:253eap4b said:
joedrum » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 pm[/url]":253eap4b]
Sounds great To me ......my new place is a fantastic meet and greet place ....and great riding roads surround it....

Where are you now Joe?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190888#p190888:2mdurqgw said:
Ansimp » Mon May 22, 2017 4:14 pm[/url]":2mdurqgw]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190814#p190814:2mdurqgw said:
joedrum » Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 pm[/url]":2mdurqgw]
Sounds great To me ......my new place is a fantastic meet and greet place ....and great riding roads surround it....

Where are you now Joe?
I think he is in the kitchen? :smilie_happy:

Latest posts