Cruisin' on the Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scdmarx":35kar5xp said:
it's not the seat I want anyways. It's ok for little trips into town and such, but for long trips I'm gonna have to figure out something else.
:

Huh?
That seat looks comfy, more confortable than any vinyl, no?

dan filipi":3vh7c9lm said:
scdmarx":3vh7c9lm said:
it's not the seat I want anyways. It's ok for little trips into town and such, but for long trips I'm gonna have to figure out something else.
:

Huh?
That seat looks comfy, more confortable than any vinyl, no?
Definately better than the Saddleman. But maybe the foam is old? Might just be my ass is get'n old! :head bang: :smilie_happy:

I'm 6' 5 1/2" tall , the Orignal Goldwing seat sits me UP too far towards the front of the bike.... so I did some work on my seat too........ it's not finished , just so I could ride some before it gets cold , and my wife is gonna make a good cover this winter for it ... and CBH , yes the Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful ride for sure.... it's 469 miles end to end... I have road about half of it . hope to ride it all someday..........thanks Joe.......... how was your ride .........????

I got some decent rides in this year.Road down to see my oldest at Camp Lejuene in North Carolina,via all two lanes over the appalacians.A good hand full of decent 200 miles sundays.A two great weekend trips to the U.P. one with friends,and one with my youngest.Never made it to joes though. :cry:
All and all I will finish the season with about 10,000 miles by the time the salt hits the road.

Attachments

• vintage rice burners 005.JPG
    vintage rice burners 005.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 127
  • midnight ride 2010 126.JPG
    midnight ride 2010 126.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 137
  • bikes over bridge.jpg
    bikes over bridge.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_1331[1].JPG
    DSC_1331[1].JPG
    186 KB · Views: 134
  • USS North Carolina.jpg
    USS North Carolina.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 132
Beautiful Pictures Tory , thats what it''s all about . 10,000 miles a year is nothing to sneeze at and your weather is even worse than mine . So it's not like we can ride all year long ...I hope to get few more hundred miles this fall..... I might make 3,000 since July..... so............. :music:

dan filipi":2mxn0dw5 said:
Boy all this talk about so many miles tells me I need to get out more often!

I've done a small fraction this year compared to last. Gotta change that.
I'm pushing a little over 7k this year!

I strapped the fishing rods on the Wing and took a little ride to do some fishing below a hydro dam on the Ohio River, not too far from home. It was a beautiful day for a ride, but the fishing was terrible!

Attachments

• Belleville_Dam.JPG
    Belleville_Dam.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 113
Ringtown Valley, Schuylkill County, PA, Sunday, 10 /17/10

My Bride, My 'wing and the "foilage"! And I finally got the "right" side view of my bike, how do I fly it on the banner?

Attachments

• 17-10-10_124-1.jpg
    17-10-10_124-1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 153
The weekend before labor day, no wing picture, but you can tell where we were. Oh yeah, we rode there, 315 miles on sat.,checked it out at sunset and 315 miles home the next day!

Attachments

• 28-08-10_195.jpg
    28-08-10_195.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 28-08-10_195-1.jpg
    28-08-10_195-1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 151
Burned about 6.5 gallons of the go juice and uncountable cubic feet of air on a 245 mile ride, just me and the machine.

Beautiful day. Air temps between 55-70.
The ride took me from under 1000 feet elevation to over 6000 feet, winds mostly calm.

Mostly freeway, some 2 lane.

First North on the 14 to Lancaster.

image.php

Completely calm thru this pass which is pretty unusual.

image.php

Stopped for a bite at Jack In the Box. Found out they have better food now.

image.php

Continue North thru Mojave (pronounced [moh-hah-vee]) to 58 West into Tahachapi.

image.php

Was racing a super long freight train (kinda hard to see the train there on the left)

image.php

image.php

From Tahachapi highway 58 goes down into the valley, aka Bakersfield. No pics of Bakersfield, nothing to see there.

Connected with 99 South then Interstate 5 South then home.

Nice ride, glad I got out.

Nice photos Dan, and quite a ride!
I'm starting to have withdraw symptoms. My Wing hasn't been started for 3 days! Temperatures here have been 27 to 54 degrees.

I had a chance to take a little ride this morning and stopped to take a quick photo. Looking down the Ohio River, this is the new Blennerhassett Island Bridge, connecting Parkersburg West Virginia and Belpre Ohio.

Attachments

• nov.3rd.2010.JPG
    nov.3rd.2010.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 120
Today we cruised on out to meet up with stratocat and sidecarsusie at Hansen Dams British Bike Rally.

It was busy both places!

Here's a little video I put together, it goes something like this. Play it Jimmy :music2:

Wow! A lot of bikes and some very strange lookin' contraptions!! Good video!

Latest posts