Here she is, I named her, "the Wanderer "

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can u spot the odd man out??
Actually, both goldwings are sold to one buyer. Now I'm goldwingless !!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 174
Sorry and glad for you all at the same time. Keep us updated on projects on the new scooter!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Well, this bike definitely handles differently but I could zip around town on it.

I know whats going to happen. I will need a winter project and even though i bought this one, I really have been on the lookout for a GL 1200. So ................................................... :music2:

I know what you mean, there's an '84 1200 standard on Craig's list locally for $2200, if I had the money, it would be in my driveway.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh ! Took BMW out for a 10 mile jog today and I am in some pain right now. This even has the aftermarket Sargent seat and I guess I'm not used to the seating position :help:

Dan saw this before it happened !!
Hopefully this will work out. Goldwings are much more comfortable for sure !!!!!!!!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=178784#p178784:1emj4hp8 said:
rob.lafady » Today, 4:48 pm[/url]":1emj4hp8]
I know what you mean, there's an '84 1200 standard on Craig's list locally for $2200, if I had the money, it would be in my driveway.

I've had a 1200 before and the engine was smooth, quite the opposite of the 1100 I just sold but I think that bike had some hidden issues.

In many ways i like the 1200's better than my 1500, :roll: not as much torque off the line, :nea: but WAY MORE top end! :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=178805#p178805:27su9mdg said:
canuckxxxx » Today, 8:19 am[/url]":27su9mdg]
Do you feel any vibration from the BMW?

yes, there is some vibration.

Their new at the time 900's, pogo sticked, :cheeky: but otherwise was similar to my Triumph, in handling, & in power :good: back in the 70's. Not very comfy :nea:

It's official. The Wanderer and Black Beard are officially gone. I have room in my garage now and this new bike hardly weighs anything. I have empty nest syndrome already !!

I cannot imagine trading my wing or Valk for any bike styled like that. I prefer further refinement of the old technology over most of the new anyway.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=178901#p178901:39tdnggk said:
made2care » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 am[/url]":39tdnggk]
It's official. The Wanderer and Black Beard are officially gone. I have room in my garage now and this new bike hardly weighs anything. I have empty nest syndrome already !!
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
But for how long? :whistling:

I think I just reached the point of burnout, no pun intended, since I worked so much on the goldwings. I am kindof at the point to where I want a break from that and a fresh bike. I'm sure by the time winter gets here, I will be looking for a project but for now, I'm comfortable with going on a long trip with this bike. My 1500 could easily have made a trip but the 1100 not so much. Something deeper was going on with this one.
I have also been looking at the Valkyries , beautiful bike.