Hip replacement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time has flown and it is now three weeks since I was released from hospital ( 4 Days after surgery). For me the results have been amazing with each day bringing a better outcome. I have been standing taller , no lower back pain, no cramping in the car after 20 mins and less pain than before my surgery. I actually feel closer to the door frames in the house when I walk through them. I am still taking blood thinners and using Panadol Osteo for some niggling minor pain which is muscular but every day seems to be an improvement. Hopefully by the time of my appointment with the Surgeon on the 27th everything will be back to normal, which I can't see why not. I am trying to maintain a self imposed ban on riding until after ( maybe that day) my final appointment. I can't believe that all I have is a 90mm scar to show unless I am being xrayed.

My recovery is progressing well. I'm using a cane now and stopped using the pain medication three days ago. I have finished the in-home therapy but my doctor wants me to wait two more weeks before beginning out patient therapy at the hip rehab center. He said they have found that recovery does much better if they allow ample time for the hip to heal before stressing the muscles in rehab. This hip replacement has gone so much better than my first. Little pain, mostly just swelling and I am at least three weeks further along than I was for the same period of time when compaired to my first replacement. No hurry about wanting to ride as there is snow on the ground and temps are 12 degrees tonight.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185740#p185740:x2h82y9i said:
OhioBill » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:49 am[/url]":x2h82y9i]
My recovery is progressing well. I'm using a cane now and stopped using the pain medication three days ago. I have finished the in-home therapy but my doctor wants me to wait two more weeks before beginning out patient therapy at the hip rehab center. He said they have found that recovery does much better if they allow ample time for the hip to heal before stressing the muscles in rehab. This hip replacement has gone so much better than my first. Little pain, mostly just swelling and I am at least three weeks further along than I was for the same period of time when compaired to my first replacement. No hurry about wanting to ride as there is snow on the ground and temps are 12 degrees tonight.
:good: :salute: