House project....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last couple days I've been down in the full basement ...been taking out the air handler system and ductwork ...it was going right down the middle of the basement ...there was a central vacuum system also taken out ...now the only thing in the basement is plumbing and electric wiring ...so the basement getting it share of open up now ....

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195196#p195196:3is6e567 said:
joedrum » August 28th, 2017, 10:06 am[/url]":3is6e567]
I'm in Williams Indiana ...it's a river village or town lol ...on the white river ...it is surrounded by some of the best bike roads in Indiana

Dang man, you're just down the road from me. I ride down there all the time. My favorite is IN 43 starting north from Solsberry north of you. The dragon of Indiana. (well...) 135 starting in Brown County to 448 going through Story for a bite to eat. So many good ones. Even US 50 east of Vincennes is fun. One of these days mister.

There is also hi way 450 coming off of 50 going to Bedford just past Logotee...that road is really something ....nothing but curves for 28 miles ....I'm about midway just off that road ....and then there's the country roads that are like even more crazy ...cresting the top of a steep hill and hairpin corner at the same time is an experience that can fill the diaper if you make it through it on these one lane roads of two way traffic.....yes we will have to get together ....wish my bike was up tp par I'd do it now ...I'm just to busy to mess with it now....I've some big holes to fill in before winter hit me on the house ....

image.php

This is my favorite Sheetrock knife ....it makes short work out of getting rid of this junk product .....all hand made with and for smart hands use....

image.php

You can see the cuts I made with custom knife...blade is rather thin but still stout ..it practically dustless and two hand use makes it fast ...I can cut right around things easy ..

image.php

These two bathrooms ....are about all that left to take out ...

image.php

Another pic of drywall knife... :BigGrin:

image.php

Pic of the two bathrooms and some reclaimed lumber stacks

image.php

Here's a pic of another great tool ...this is a east wing camp axe...when the hammer head is the widest thing in the hammer ...the tool is devastating to what it blasts through and the axe has its super capabilities too ....its big enough to use two handed and small enough to use one handed also....these tools are the heavyweight hd take it out tools and runs on Cheerios ...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195465#p195465:3grdqn8c said:
joedrum » 9 minutes ago[/url]":3grdqn8c]
It's a fragile product ..to me dan.....and I just don't like it ...
Okay...but how strong does the wall covering need to be? 1/2" pretty weak to impacts but 5/8" and 3/4" is pretty tough and easy to patch and refinish.

Actually in the garage I used 1/2" drywall on top of plywood shear panel. Plywood is around 1/2" thick. Together, drywall is plenty tough.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195395#p195395:1r6ail0q said:
joedrum » September 2nd, 2017, 9:24 am[/url]":1r6ail0q]
There is also hi way 450 coming off of 50 going to Bedford just past Logotee...that road is really something ....nothing but curves for 28 miles ....I'm about midway just off that road ....and then there's the country roads that are like even more crazy ...cresting the top of a steep hill and hairpin corner at the same time is an experience that can fill the diaper if you make it through it on these one lane roads of two way traffic.....yes we will have to get together ....wish my bike was up tp par I'd do it now ...I'm just to busy to mess with it now....I've some big holes to fill in before winter hit me on the house ....

Take care of business first mister. We can do this when you slow down. do we have other Indiana neighbors?

Hot, dirty, miserable work. :heat: Very gratifying when finished, :yes: and it's cold, & raining outside, with you warm, inside looking out. :good:

I'm glad some are interested in this thread...this house is not much different than hooch ....hooch has not much in common with an oldwing other than that's what it is....this house project will be like that too ...it won't have much in common than being a house ...and nothing like other houses .....in the oldwing world I have strong opinions on Honda way of things and hooch ....I'm not really against Honda or people who think they are great ...I'm just not that way ....hooch is an example of that...you have to have strong feeling on things to do what I did to hooch and other bikes I did ....this house will be a lot like that ...I will do things different big time ...this is not to dismiss other ways of doing things that are mostly the norm ....I'm not building the norm house ....

Ahh Denver I like doing work like this ...I've been doing this stuff since I was a teen age father....the beginning of smart hands ....they were quite dumb at first :BigGrin:

Like looking at the results when finished, no longer like to do it myself, got my fill, my shack is well over a hundred. Hell i've lived here forty years, & they wanted to tear it down to put up a twinplex back then, as it was in less than great shape.Went to a trade school, ran the prehung door dept, with a crew when i was 19 at the local lumber yard in Akron Ohio. Found out if i sold my work, after a while i didn't like doing it any more, especially when someone else made most of the profit. Traded labor redoing my old house, doing a different job for money as i've got my fill of working on houses long ago.

With the things that happen to me in my life I'm glad I can still function ...and appreciate that I can still move and still alive ...I fight every day to stay as healthy as I can ...working on this project is a pleasure to me ...

Latest posts