My 1987 1200 Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost painted them, but I tried a small area that was pretty bad and they shined up pretty good. The only area that didn't was where battery acid falls on the left side. I'm not sure anything will work on that. Some chrome will be getting painted because it iseems too pitted.

More scrubbing, more cleaning, more sanding, and more painting.

The more I work on this bike, the more I realize that not everyone is meant to be a back-yard mechanic. I am fixing things that just make me want to :headscratch:

I've just been looking at mechanical and structural things so far. I am a bit worried about what I will find when I take a close look at the electrical.

Yes, running fine, but I was waiting for me plugs and caps. They arrived today. I need to work on the stator connector and dog bone fuse, then I can look at the rest.

It's the "snowball" syndrome, the more you do the more you find. Like yourself, I do the same, one thing leads to another, but then you know this. Hell of an addiction these bikes, eh what!

Now on to the next one! :salute: :salute:

addicted ..im addicted to nothing ...sheesh ....im moving my addiction to tractors for awhile just to prove im not addicted ...sheesh the nerve of some people around me... :smilie_happy:

New plugs and caps make a huge difference on this onld turd. I dont even need to use the choke and it just fires right up.

I need to look at the horns to get them working, and then i can put the front end back together again.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189760#p189760:s12s9nvj said:
Denver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 am[/url]":s12s9nvj]
Can not afford 12 of em :nea:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts