My build (another one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ianstaley":1aiq0d11 said:
I did think about that and I have a litre of the same RAL colour which is what I will use on the final drive differential. Would it not be too much cream?

Could stuff a box in there in cream color to see what you think. It could be nice support for the frame color. Or a hammered or wrinkled black might be nice support for the tins and panniers.

As far as too much one color ,maybe Slabs idea is a good one. My thought of too much one color is the ones that are all flat black, just doesn't work for me. I'm thinking the core (ie frame, engine motor, drive) being cream will be well offset by sparkly stuff & cherry color. I'm just hoping to see it finished!

Me too, getting backed up at the minute though, doing small stuff needs to be done but takes time. So tomorrow Friday I have to do my Theory Test @ 14:00 in Leeds so won't get a lot done till after I get back maybe 16:00- :30

I have just made a long support for my winch that I am putting in the lock up. That has been drilled and welded today so get that attached to the joists in the garage attach the winch and I can move it forwards and backwards for about 1 metre 70cms. It is a 250 Kilo electric winch which is going to help me a lot.

Thinking of having this on the tank but in White pearl!.....

Honda norton logo .png

What do our bretherin think?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156017#p156017:a6hc64nf said:
julimike54 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:51 pm[/url]":a6hc64nf]
Reminds me of Norton logo

Got it in one. I can't afford the Norton, but I do have the Honda. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Mergatroid, what did that truck do to you, ha ha, over here all vehicles are called "her" or she, a yacht, she is my boat or she is my yacht, we had a yacht me and my dad a bigish one, what we call a Blue water boat or yacht, "ocean going" 42 feet long, crew places for 9, "she" was made of Steel reinforced Concrete, weighed in at 24 Tonns wet. Her name was OTIUM, it was an old Afrikaans (South African) word for Freedom or in Dutch Vrijheid pronounced "fry-hyed". She saved our lives during a 10 day typhoon deep sea, about 2000 miles from the coast either side of the Southern Atlantic. You know what V, I think I am going to call her "OTIUM 2" let's face it riding a bike is "Freedom" and I was never so happy as I was at sea with her, we had lots of fun on her, some hairy scary times but she never let us down, not once, when it mattered. Thanks for that V I think she has her name. :clapping: :thanks: :BigGrin:

Great! Funny how one thing leads to another sometimes. Mergatroid was a frankenstein build truck covering many years of parts and several manufacturers. A cartoon character at the time was always exclaiming heavens to mergatroid so that was the source of the name.

Otium 2 :salute:
How about Roman numerals for the 2 Ian? In keeping with your Norton script.

SO like the numb nut I am I was sorting under the bench and had stuff all over the damn floor and stepped or rather moved backwards a bit and did this.....
Arrrgghh!!!

Crack.jpg

So I have drilled the end of the crack and you can see a rat tails file in the split, just filing a bit of a edge and will be using some super glue, Yeah I know super glue wont hold, but I have this stuff from the States called Rapid Fix, it is not CHEAP guys, but it is fantastic stuff, not only a glue but a filler with powder too, once raised above the crack I can sand it down and it will be like concrete. The plastic will break somewhere else first.

It doesn't change things I am still a numb nut.

Ah well Ill get it repair tonight before I go to bed and it will be ready to rub down again in the morning.
Seen the price that people are looking for on e bay. Oh I also noticed that the 78-79 like mine the long ones are so much different to the earlier ones, I assume that the early ones wont fit the 79.

Soldering iron will weld, melt it back together, :good: then fill in the seam with your bonding compound, for stronger & nicer job than a glue that wont hold at the core of the repair. :Doh2: