My build (another one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI.......the poor man's polishing method:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ijxdjf4TmNc[/video]

NOTE! Before starting, I remove the clearcoat with Duplicolor paint remover.

That is the thing all these aluminium parts have Honda's special brew of top coat that has to come off. before you try anything. A lot of ways to do this I think the best way is soda strip all the parts that need it first. So I just watched that video nice real quick too, looks like you can do it easier, always another way, wish I had seen it earlier. Never seen the steel wool bit before, I have using 000 steel wool on a car windscreen to give it a through clean. But if it don't scratch glass then cool, going to try that too. I have a few pairs of lower forks worth giving it a whirl too. Love it.
:yahoo:

So got some news today from Wingovations, my new front discs are in, getting closer every day.

GL1000 late discs with bubble spiral (Medium).jpg

:yahoo:

Wow! Those look expensive! Are those holes or dimples drilled in the disks? I bought cobalt bits to do something like that but I've yet to get around to doing it.

Years ago always believed holes, & or groves were to clean, clear the brake dust. :roll: Not so evidently :nea: as the brake experts say, to release the gasses created, :shock: & nothing to do with the brake dust! :doh:

They are drilled I asked John a few weeks back to get me some new discs as he has a German supplier, but he did say that they take a while to get here about a month is reasonable. I was going to buy some EBC one's that are on e bay over here but after I asked about them they would have sent two for a good price, but they suddenly want not only my address (given by PayPal) but they want to know my telephone number and some bank details so I stopped talking to them. No real seller needs that info if your paying by pay pal. So they are about £250 for the pair but I need to confirm that with John this coming week. :music3: