Opinions - 2004 Volvo S60

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

I was able to recover the car today. The only damage on the underside is to a front deflector under the radiator. The balance of the damage is topside; driver front quarter panel, hood, driver door, driver mirror, left rear tail light, minor scraping all around. I wired the deflector up to get it to stop dragging, cleared off the tires and brakes, tested and drove it home.

It is still running fine! :yahoo:

I'll get a mirror, deflector and tail light from a junkyard and get her back on the road. I can also get a quarter panel, but I have to look into how the get it off.

image.php

image.php

image.php

Looks like you need a fender and door. Quarter panel is at the rear of the car. Fender will come off easier with the door off. Around here most would just drive it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185460#p185460:32ug689x said:
backlander » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:25 pm[/url]":32ug689x]
If your lucky the fender is bolted. Since robotics took over most all panels and fenders are spot welded. Not a big deal, just a lot of drilling out the welds
It is bolted! Still looks like a job though.

You betcha it's a job. Hood up door off though it shouldn't be too awful. Probably 4 or five bolts holding the bumper wrap around to the fender and some behind the headlight assembly.

Also more than likely some in the door jam and the sill. You may be able to remove the guard/fender without removing the door. Pretty good out come and fairly easy repair. :good:

Ford's owning of Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Aston Martin, was news to me this summer. While keeping my eyes open for a nice used car, for over five years, stopped at a high end used car lot, on an impulse while riding my 84. :roll: Guess from about 1989 to about 2014, was the span of years they owned them. :headscratch: During those years, from 2003 to 2009, Jaguar XJ8's, were built almost entirely of aluminum, riveted together much like an airplane. :shock: The Land Rover was the only other mass produced vehicle made of it to my knowledge, & other than race cars it was alone.Why would Ford buy such an odd vehicle's factory? :roll: Aluminum Ford trucks, would be my guess. :yes: The XJ8's have Ford motor's, trans, with more than a few other Ford bin parts. The strange thing is, few seem to know who owned, and made Jaguar at that time. They DO NOT hold their value, making them a potential great used car value, IF you can find one that's not been too badly used & abused.Just a beautiful car, at an unbelieveable price, considering the original list. :yahoo:

Stumbled onto it this summer myself. :yes: Smart thing to learn all the good & bad info so the new aluminum truck is a success. :good:

I knew Ford owned Volvo at one point (no longer). Denver, you are right about the price! Granted, this car is 14 years old and 113k miles on it, but it drives like a dream and it was a cheap purchase. We paid more for the '02 Hyundai Elantra when purchased with 99k miles on it.

I cleaned everything up and the good news is the door is not jammed at all, the hood opens and closes normally and other than the mirror, it seems to be fine. We are going to live with the dented fender for now. I have found another one at a junkyard for $45 in pristine condition (except the color is black, not matching).

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185483#p185483:3no2whuq said:
Ansimp » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:33 am[/url]":3no2whuq]
Make do Gerry until you can find a new fender in the correct colour. :yes:
I have been searching, but there are very few turquoise color '02's out there.

The 2004 Jaguar had 85,600 or so when purchased, now has 88,000+on it, & can't believe the car. :shock: NEVER dreamed of EVER owning such a vehicle!!! :yahoo: Still make their top of the line car's of aluminum if i'm not mistaken. :headscratch: Getting caught up on many years of neglect, much like buying an old wing. :heat: So far have put about a thousand into it putting things right. Still having about 10 grand total into the car, is about half of sticker price on a new econo box, that will rust out like the last one. :yes: Love the Civics, but the price is more than i can afford. :shock:Studying, learning what part's are Ford's so to be able to afford to fix any issues for less if possible :read:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182569#p182569:8raoqo7x said:
AApple » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:13 pm[/url]":8raoqo7x]
:good: Kewl!
If you haven't already bought it, ask them if the valve body on the trans has ever been replaced. If they don't know, be prepared to have it done. That's the #1 issue with the trans, and I can guarantee you it will need it done eventually. Not too terribly expensive, but not super cheap either. IF/WHEN the car has ANY trans issues, just go ahead and plan on replacing the valve body....don't even discuss it, just do it. I've fixed prolly 90% of them with just replacing the VB in the car. Other than that, the trans is usually trouble free. :good:
Does the IF/WHEN include when you first put it into drive and it suddenly clunks into gear? :rant: :crying:

BTW, my daughter decided (inadvertently) to see if driving across a long speed bump at 45 MPH could cause any damage! Amazingly, she had no idea that the speed limit across the speed bump was 15 MPH (even though there are 2 very clearly marked big yellow warning signs before reaching the bumps). :head bang:

Ya know what happens when the front cross member under the radiator hits the bump before the tire?

IT CRACKS THE RADIATOR AND SPLITS THE AC CONDENSER COILS!!!!​

:head bang: :cheeky: :evil: :crying:

(Removing the car keys until paid back!)

Latest posts