shock treatment

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159245#p159245:pxwzcf8d said:
Ansimp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:01 pm[/url]":pxwzcf8d]
Move the sense wire back to the ignition circuit Joe now that you have cleaned the switch. The idea behind remote sensing is to give you the correct voltage for the system taking into account voltage drop in the wiring, switches etc. now that you have fixed the voltage drop overcharging should not be an issue.

I disagree particularly with this bike. Original wiring on this bike is degraded beyond it's 30 year age. Sensing battery level alone should serve quite well over the long haul and perhaps extend both stator and battery life.

ok just got finished compacting the wiring in front for vetter even more.....tony im going with strait to battery for sense wire hook up....and ill try it there ...im tried of the charging system using the battery as a heat sink that boils the water away and kills the battery....if it turns out it wont stay charge enough this way ill make another move ....but im gambling it will be fine ....

going to mod the height of rear fender some also .....also got the new pusher fan wired better with the proper connectors....bike is almost ready for florida curising around ...been nice here in florida since ive been here .... :builder: :thanks:

The battery isn't getting boiled as in like boiling water in a pan, though it does seem that way.
Proper control of the charging system output is going to protect the battery. There is nothing more to it than that.

finally got to read that link interesting ...but the facts are its been a week since i moved the sense wire to battery ...everything seems to be doing fine.....the water level is unchanged and there no sign of battery abuse at all ...i do feel the battery is a bit not as powerful but.....it was also way overcharged to the point of loosing fluid ....so for now im calling this a great fix ...seems there is no draining going on with the sense wire hooked direct to the battery...of coruse ive been riding a lot sense this was done..... :builder: :thanks:

its going on quite some time now ....it seems this sense wire move from that honda set up to modded set up direct to the battery has no discounts at all on hooch ....and has completely cured the bike of this over charging .....what a great move this was to make for me ...

seems to me i might get a battery that will not be abused by the honda set up that leads to failed battery.....and the stator wont go bad from over heated wires once battery gets damaged to the point the stator is always charging through the wires and resistance backs up to stator so much it takes it out .....this id say started the wiring issues this bike had yrs ago before i even had it ......just not a good set up to me ..to have sense wire behind so many switches that can create voltage drop not related to battery needs ...and it gets cooked to death along with the wiring itself ....very pleased ...my bike dosnt have a lot of accessories and it could be dressers with load demands might not fair as well ...but thats not me .. :thanks: .

Latest posts