The one bike you wished you had kept,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nibor":2snycpkb said:
It wasn't my first bike, but my first street bike i bought for $500 when i was 18. I wish i had it back, was a 1980 KZ650 in metallic blue. Sure had a lot of fun on that bike :Egyptian:

I got one of those in my garage! :moped: :hihihi:

mine wasnt my first either ...but it was the first i ever sold instead of bury at the junkyard of teenage brainless fear of of nothing .....honda 160 street scrambler i think it was a 1966 yr...what a beast most of the time running to 10,000 rpm cause it sounded cool and never blew ...i was a motorbike worst nightmare... :rant: woopee

Mine would be a 1974 Moto Guzzi Eldorado LAPD I had. Only pic I could find is in a Word doc, and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to extract it from there and post it. It was black, dual disc brakes up front, front and rear crash guards, police windshield, police sidestand, hard bags, solo seat, heel/toe shifter, etc. 850cc's of v-twin the way it was supposed to be! Nothing like sitting on that bike at idle, feeling it rock gently side to side, putting it into first, rolling away, feet on the floorboards, smooth shaft drive, all-around great bike.

Had a 69(I think) Honda CA77 305 Dream. The clutch went out,so I traded it to my brother for his '72 450. Wished I still had them both.Couda been a 67*
:crying:

I remember my first ( and only ) ride on a '75 like Omega Mans. The local Honda dealer came by the BMW shop I worked at and let us try it. I liked it a lot and it kind of stayed in the back of my mind so when I had an oppurtunity to pick up a nice '81 Interstate last year I bought it. It's still not on the road. If I could still have a bike from my past it would be my 1966 BMW R50/2. It wasn't fast but you could ride it all day.

my favorite bike i still owne it just that its not road worthy yet.
'79 super K, sorry no pic's, can't find an old one and the bike is not i a good spot to take a pic of, hiding in my sisters garage

skiri251":1a49bae2 said:
slabghost":1a49bae2 said:
Not mine but this is much like the one I had. Loved that old 550GT zuke.
suzuki-gt550.jpg

Really nice!
When I was in high school I was riding CB50. I tried my friend's GT125 and blown away by the acceleration!

I had the GT185 version in blue with the same type of head as the one pictured.Then a newer modern version GT200 was built.But the beast was the gt750 called the water buffalo.I would have loved to try that one out.

Attachments

• id1666_2.jpg
    id1666_2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 104
First bike I started to travel on was a SUZUKI GS850L.
It was probably my fourth road bike,but the first one I road on a few weekend trips with rather than just around town and to work and back.
This thing was fast,shaft drive,had a gas gauge as well as told you what gear you where in.Nowdays I would prefer a T or E model but back then the L's where the bomb.

Here is a PIC of the indentacal bike,but I added a sleek acrylic windshield and a couple leather-like saddle bags to mine.

Attachments

• 5Gc5Ed5R23Ge3Lb3J7c7t054aee14373d184a.jpg
    5Gc5Ed5R23Ge3Lb3J7c7t054aee14373d184a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 99
Found a picture of that yellow Ducati:

DucatiwShelby.jpg

That's my oldest daughter Shelby standing in front of me, who's now a junior in college! Man how time flies! Kept that bike mostly stock, except for some Termignoni racing slip-ons from an 888, s/s brake lines, tinted windscreen, and a master brake cylinder from a GSX-R1100 (would stop on a dime and give you change!). Ducati only imported them for one year, in 1993, and being yellow, with a bunch of other unique Superlight model stuff (Ferrari yellow paint, solo seat body work, Marvic wheels with Magnesium spokes, Brembo 320mm full-floating rotors, carbon fiber fenders, ventilated clutch cover, etc), helped differentiate it from the run of the mill red Ducatis of the same era.

My only new bike, a 1975 Honda CB400F, red and beautiful. I had not riddena bike in 17 years when I bought this 400, but drove that all summer ,took a 300 mile trip to southern IA and discovered I liked touring. sold it that fall for a '75 BMW R75/6 . Still miss that 400 though. Doug

Attachments

• 1975_honda_cb400f.jpg
    1975_honda_cb400f.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 146
I have had so many that I miss. But THE one that I wish I wouldn't have sold was my 82 GL1100 standard that I bought new and kept for 15 years. My Wife got to ride on the back of a 1500 and that is what we had to have. Traded the 82 in on it.

The one bike I wish I still had is my 1972 Suzuki GT750. That was a great bike for it's time, I did a few mods on it like, I instaled a 16'' harley wheel on the back, that tire never whore out. I repainted the bike, I did not like the gold colour, chrome lots of parts, it was a nice looking bike.

Attachments

• tax 20123.jpg
    tax 20123.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 126
I dont see the attraction to the small bikes - I like my GL1200 its big and comfortable, I like my V65 because it's fast (and comfortable).
I cant see myself going back to the 750 I had a few years back or the 150 I had 45 years ago.
I have been thinking of getting a GL1500 but my 1200 is a trouble free ride and not valuable enough to sell so I may wait a bit (for the wife not to notice) and go for one of the last North American 1800's

So I guess the one I wish I kept will be the next one.

toytender01":1qjyukk2 said:
flash I would cherk the dictionary..... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I don't think your bike tire ever would WHORE OUT!!!!! :heat: :heat: :heat:

:smilie_happy: You never know might have been a Freudian slip !!! :smilie_happy: