The one bike you wished you had kept,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread that deserves reviving. Except that it also brings back that regret. Oh well, even though there are several that I truly regretted selling, this one tops that list for me.

I regretted selling it literally an hour after it left the driveway. Maybe even while helping load it...

This was my second VMax. I had one in the 80's. Regretted selling that one, too. Which is why I bought the second. You'd think I would have learned the first time!

DSCF1958.jpg

IMG_0342.JPG

Very nice bike Darrell. My problem is that I always feel like there needs to be more cylinders. :good: You can’t beat that 6cyl sound.. :music:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197959#p197959:2nlosaxh said:
desertrefugee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 am[/url]":2nlosaxh]
You've obviously not heard a VMax with a barely baffled Kerker!

Not mine, but close enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL0--UTLvp8
I am just happier when they put the other 2 plug leads back on and get it to run on 4cyl... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

84 standard 004.JPG
Sold my Naked 1200 a few years ago after 3x bi-pass surgery. Sure wish I kept it, but at the time I really didn't need 2.
What makes it worse is, I heard the young man I sold it to, crashed it. Don't know what was damaged but he had it on CL with my pics and stated that it had been wrecked. BUMMER. I'd really like to find it again and see if it could be rebuilt.

Attachments

• 84 standard 002.JPG
    84 standard 002.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 116
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197977#p197977:eivp1lkn said:
Wildwing » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:48 am[/url]":eivp1lkn]
View attachment 1Sold my Naked 1200 a few years ago after 3x bi-pass surgery. Sure wish I kept it, but at the time I really didn't need 2.
What makes it worse is, I heard the young man I sold it to, crashed it. Don't know what was damaged but he had it on CL with my pics and stated that it had been wrecked. BUMMER. I'd really like to find it again and see if it could be rebuilt.
file.php

file.php
It was a beautiful bike when you owned it. :good: :salute:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197973#p197973:3iwvc2s8 said:
julimike54 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:57 pm[/url]":3iwvc2s8]
^^^Is that a Lego block wall behind that?^^^

LOL.....no....chain link fence with plastic fence-weave

I didn't actually own it. The bike was on loan to me for the summer I was living in the adirondaks with an 11 mile commute to work. What made the bike special was the owner had cafe'd the bike in 1976! What a blast it was to ride on twisty mountain roads. Who would have thunk I was riding the trend 40 years too soon! Oh... 1975ish suzuki gt380. 2 stroke triple. Power band from 2 to 8 grand!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 98
1973 Suzuki GT750K, 2-stroke, 3-cyl, water cooled when most bikes were air-cooled. Ugly, smoky, sometimes hard to start, but totally unique back then.

Attachments

• GT750K.jpg
    GT750K.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 87
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198045#p198045:saxio3ai said:
PurpleGL1200I » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 pm[/url]":saxio3ai]
1973 Suzuki GT750K, 2-stroke, 3-cyl, water cooled when most bikes were air-cooled. Ugly, smoky, sometimes hard to start, but totally unique back then.
file.php
Still a great bike unless you are riding behind one... :yes: :heat:

I have owned 11 GT750 Suzuki , 2 = 72 3 = 73 4 = 74 1 = 75 and 1 = 76 , the last year was 77 and the 77 was only a 76 with the side covers painted black . I used to Drag Race them at a local track in the days , if they was set up right , and was rode by somebody who knew how to ride a big two stroke and knew how to Drag Race , Nothing would touch them in a 1/4 mile . in 1973 when the first thing bigger than a 750 come to the USA from Japan , ( 1973 Z1 903cc Kaw. ) they was big and fast BUT a Water Buffalo ( GT750 ) would eat them alive in a 1/4 mile every time . the Two Stroke would jump them far enough through the lights , they didn't have time to catch up . . the Z1 was Faster but not near as quick as the big Two Stroke . . Raced them for close to 20 years . . wish I had the 2 1972 I had . :laptop:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198094#p198094:obukn5g0 said:
sledge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 pm[/url]":eek:bukn5g0]
I have owned 11 GT750 Suzuki , 2 = 72 3 = 73 4 = 74 1 = 75 and 1 = 76 , the last year was 77 and the 77 was only a 76 with the side covers painted black . I used to Drag Race them at a local track in the days , if they was set up right , and was rode by somebody who knew how to ride a big two stroke and knew how to Drag Race , Nothing would touch them in a 1/4 mile . in 1973 when the first thing bigger than a 750 come to the USA from Japan , ( 1973 Z1 903cc Kaw. ) they was big and fast BUT a Water Buffalo ( GT750 ) would eat them alive in a 1/4 mile every time . the Two Stroke would jump them far enough through the lights , they didn't have time to catch up . . the Z1 was Faster but not near as quick as the big Two Stroke . . Raced them for close to 20 years . . wish I had the 2 1972 I had . :laptop:

Man, I hear you about those two stroke Suzukis, Sledge. I had a buddy picked up a mid sized T500 just for kicks. It stunk like the dickens, but ran very competitively with just about every other bike we all had at the time. It had a pretty respectable top end too, with a very small sprocket outback. I don't remember the size, but I know it was a small one and the gearing was rather tall because of it.

In fact, the way that Suzuki was engineered I think triggered my experimentation with a couple Suzukis too. A GS850 had a GS1000L.

Ohhhhhhh Yes , I understand completely . I had 3 or 4 GT550's and 2 or 3 GT380's . . I Loved the 3 cyl. Suzuki 2 strokes . the GT750's in Stock form would run close to 130 mph according to the speedo . . and they would do it pretty quick too. . but with a little advance on the timing , and some smooth bore slider carbs , they was REAL Quick on the strip .

All of them! But, to pick just one, the 400RD Yamaha I bought new while in the Navy. I was afraid I'd kill myself when I got out and moved back to the hills (probably was right), so sold it to a shipmate.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk