Too young for a Wing?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
I was just told I'm not old enough to ride a Goldwing. :oops:

I never saw anywhere there was a minimum age requirement for Wing ownership :read:

Which brings about a bigger question; how old are most Goldwing owners? I'm 51 and I thought for sure I was qualified.

How about you?

Mark

I am only 65 but have wanted a Wing since I was 35. But I hany been ridding motorcycles for a paltry 50 years. :yahoo: :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

bk2valve":3v55sdlt said:
Hi fysty-1 I used to belong to the Bigfoot Sidecar Club in Langly, BC and attended several rallies with that outfit...do you know any of those folks?
Brian
No Brian I don't. I can't even remember seeing a rig of anykind around here @ all. I do see them on the hwy but not around town. When I went on "The Ride for Sight" in 1992 in Toronto I saw many beautiful rigs that looked like they were just flown off the Starsip Enterprise. Angela. :Egyptian: :yahoo:

No Brian I don't. I can't even remember seeing a rig of anykind around here @ all. I do see them on the hwy but not around town. When I went on "The Ride for Sight" in 1992 in Toronto I saw many beautiful rigs that looked like they were just flown off the Starsip Enterprise.

Here is the site for the club...they don't have much info up but they do have info on the yearly rally. I will try to make that one as well since I am going to the USCA rally in Coer'delene, ID this summer. Everyone is welcome to these rallies especially trikes so if you make either one I may see you there....

Brian

Whoops:

https://bigfootsidecarclub.com/index.html

bk2valve":1bdh9d49 said:
No Brian I don't. I can't even remember seeing a rig of anykind around here @ all. I do see them on the hwy but not around town. When I went on "The Ride for Sight" in 1992 in Toronto I saw many beautiful rigs that looked like they were just flown off the Starsip Enterprise.

Here is the site for the club...they don't have much info up but they do have info on the yearly rally. I will try to make that one as well since I am going to the USCA rally in Coer'delene, ID this summer. Everyone is welcome to these rallies especially trikes so if you make either one I may see you there....

Brian

Whoops:

https://bigfootsidecarclub.com/index.html

You're right about not much up on that site only thing is thescant info about the Midway rally & that was this past summer. :doh: :doh:

I've wanted a Wing since I was a teenager. My brother in law got an early one and I remember it well. I thought it was the coolest thing. I got a chuckle from my coworker's insistence I was too young. Glad all of you got a laugh from it, too! :salute:

Mark

You're right about not much up on that site only thing is thescant info about the Midway rally & that was this past summer.

Wow, I didn't even notice that....I will have to do some research to find out if there will be one this year....they are typical laid back Canoodlians and will decide on stuff like that sometime....

hehehe
Brian

:shock: WHUT?!?!? Too young fer a 'Wing?
1.gif
Well I never.... :headscratch:
I'm 52(goin on 13)....I had a new 'Wing in '78, but it was too big/heavy for my skinny little hunnert & 25 pound butt back then. It had nothin to do with how old I was. This ain't yer father's olds, or yer Granpa's Buric, either. I think Big Andrew is in his 20s, and there are prolly plenty more here that are in their 30s. Whadya s'pose to ride, then...a :moped:?

This is AMERICA..ride whut ya wanna ride! :yahoo:

hmmmmm i just never listen to anyone ....on just about everything....wings are are closest thing to peace of mind i know of ...in fact i might brave the cold today just to ride some :mrgreen: