What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got rims back from painter.silver stripes,getting new bearings. Then new whitewall tires,and single will be back on.time to ride :music:

Attachments

• 20160509_091614.jpg
    20160509_091614.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 270
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173084#p173084:pg8c88fm said:
tom foreman » Tue May 10, 2016 12:36 am[/url]":pg8c88fm]
Got rims back from painter.silver stripes,getting new bearings. Then new whitewall tires,and single will be back on.time to ride :music:
file.php
Very nice Tom :good:

Rode to the gas station so that I could fill up the Valkyrie with 95 and some ATF as I don't intend ( could be easier said than done) to ride it too much until I get a new rear tire and timing belts installed. Also cleared out a spot in the front of the garage/pool room for it to be parked more safely and I can use a dust cover over it instead of a normal cover ( my darling wife insisted). I did notice the spell of gas, maybe I overfilled it and need to ride it some more to reduce the amount some. :doh: :hihihi:

Finally got the front end on the newest 84 squared away :roll: . Felt just like bad steering head bearings, when taking apart to replace them, found one caliper was awfully tight to take off, the other was not as bad, but rebuilt them both, that helped a good bit, but still not like last two years. :nea: After a couple of weeks leaving it set, & riding the other one, started on it again. :oops: This time the brakes were not hard to get off, but they never did heat up the disc's. :headscratch: Wheel did not spin backwards very well, & it had been an issue backing up on occasion this year. :Awe: Wheel bearings were well greased,they had not been an issue till this year, no problem backing it up in garage before. When the first one came out it was a bit lose, the other came out in pieces in pieces. No steering head bearings needed, front end is fine now. :clapping: Air horn installed on all three 1200's, (Bad Boy"s are loud) :yes: have to get one for the 1500, & both car's.Can't even see it on the Interstate, :hihihi: need to figure out how to mount on the 1500, figuring out where & how to best mount is the hardest part, as preparation is almost always the worst part. :whistling:For the moment all seems to be on track :yahoo:

I figured after hydrolocking it with gas, there's a chance a wee bit of gas might have gotten past the rings into the oil, and I should play it safe and change it. Remove the drain plug and :shock:
I think it was 50/50 gas and oil. Yup. I'm glad I decided to do that.

21i took what will most likely be my last ride on my 1200 wing. after riding it 15 miles I came home then called my niece lisa to be sure she was home. other than a stop at the gas station I dropped the 1200 wing off at her house and had her drive me home. i'll still help her maintain the 1200 but as of today it is hers

Added a couple of bolt-on LED lights to the front as turn signals. Mounted them where the fairing bolts go, across the front/bottom. May not keep them there, but they look pretty kewl. Only had the two amber ones.

Extras, as in "in addition to the regular front signals"? Yup. Really wanted to put them up by the side reflectors, but not ready to start pokin holes in the fairing just yet... :hihihi:

Could just stick on a strip of amber lights to the widest edge of the fairing on either side. Personally I doubt any number or intensity of light will help you be seen on the roads today.