What was your very first motorcycle. Got a picture?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first motorcycle was a Honda 360 /2 into 1 exhaust , kick start only.I rode it my first 8,000 miles and fell in love :party: with motorcycles :salute:

sorry no pictures, but after the 1969 yamaha 125 enduro when i was 15, i bought my first street bike at 18, a 1980 KZ650 my parents cosigned my first ever loan and bought it for $500 :good: I had a lot of good times on that bike

Then i had an 83 GpZ750 that was also a lot of fun, but a little too laid down riding position for very long rides

My first bike was an 1967 Honda dream red and white purchased it in 1981. Got no picture that I can find.Also had a blak one for spare parts. :rocks:
honda-dream-large.jpg

My first bike was a 1949 BMW R24, 250cc thumper. Bought it in 1957 while in the Air Force in France. Drove it across Germany to a new base near Munich, in November.

WOW !!! memories, My first was a Honda QA50 I was 12 years old. MY first mode of transportation when I got my license was a Homda 125..

Not a pic of my bike, but mine looked a lot like this one. My first bike was a 1975 Suzuki 750 GT water buffalo, full dress. This was a 3 cylinder, water cooled, 2-stroke screamer of a bike. Even in full dress form, I used to pull away from 1000 cc bikes, at least till about 50 MPH! I do remember it was a cold blooded tempremental beast......

Attachments

• 1973_suzuki__water_buffalo__750_gt_motorcycle_1_lgw.jpg
    1973_suzuki__water_buffalo__750_gt_motorcycle_1_lgw.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 188
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=115640#p115640:meifioet said:
tfiddle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:33 pm[/url]":meifioet]
Not a pic of my bike, but mine looked a lot like this one. My first bike was a 1975 Suzuki 750 GT water buffalo, full dress. This was a 3 cylinder, water cooled, 2-stroke screamer of a bike. Even in full dress form, I used to pull away from 1000 cc bikes, at least till about 50 MPH! I do remember it was a cold blooded tempremental beast......
file.php
I had a 750 Kawasaki 3 cylinder 2 stroke.
Oooooo doggy, that thing would fly once over 5000 rpm!
It would kick in sudden too, scary damn bike. Wish I had it now though!!

1st street ride....'70-something Yamama 500. Not too shabby for a first ride.

Sold that one and bought this one...'76 750 Hondamatic....most excellent cruizer....wished I still had the dern thing.... :head bang:

My first Bike was a 1970??? Honda 350 , I don't have a pic. I want to share what I am doing as a hobby, I make Antique Motorbike "Replica's" using bicycles,they can be made to look like any Antique of your choice.. they go about 35/40 MPH, get about 125 MPG. can be ridden on the road like a Moped price range is about $1000 / $1500 depending on design.... Interested ??? can E-mail me @ [email protected]

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 185
My first bike wasn't quite as fast as 750 Suzuki oo any of the other bikes come to think of it but I still had a great time with it. It was a 1969 Hodaka 100B enduro bike. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

I've given up trying to find a picture of my bike, but this is what I had: 1985 Suzuki GS550L. That thing was fun to ride, but as I started to, ummm... grow, it told me I needed another bike. The mono-shock was squeaking like a screen door every bump I hit. I bought it new in Virginia in 1985 and in 1996 I had to put it to bed when the threads on the main output shaft stripped and the front sprocket kept falling off. I wanted to rebuild the motor, but life got in the way. Oh the memories of that bike. :music:

1985_GS550L_Canada_555.jpg

I was delivering the Miami Herald in 63 from a bike, Spotted a box full of parts outside of a appartment complex, went back to collect and asked about the parts box, He said it was trash, so I give him 30.00 bucks for all. It was a 1960 Vespa!! Took it home and put it back together and RODE!!! Came back from seeing the Beetles get off of the plane and ran in the back of a 1961 Chevy, Oh well back to the Bikecycle!! Charlie in NC

my first bike was a 74 kawaski 100 enduro rode it for a year then some old man pulled in front of me coming down the rode, almost got stoped before i hit the forktube on his bumper, locked up the fork. payed me $300 cash instead of calling the cops. Got a 73 yamaha tx500 and a used fork tube for the kawi with the money, rode the tx for 3 years then traded it for a 76 kz900z1 with turbo, scary fast bike! and the one i wish i still had.

Latest posts