What was your very first motorcycle. Got a picture?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought one of those Honda stepthrough scotters in El Paso, Texas in 62. Rode it for several months on the street to work. Got run off the road 3 times. Finealy took the cowling off and road it out in the sandoons. Learned fast that it did not have enough power. That started a life time of dirt riding.

Was my first, and then my wife took it over as her first when I got another. I miss this thing!!

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 132
The progression was: Minibikes to Cushman Eagle, to Ossa dirtbike and assorted others to street bikes. Can't find pictures.

I still have my first ride. A 1975 Honda CB360T. Working on getting it running again.

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 159
I had two in quick succession, well three really, the first was given to me by my Dad, I was 16 and just got my first provisional licence. On a learners licence you could ride any bike up to a maximum of 250cc, or a 650 as a side-car outfit. No passengers unless the rear passenger had a full riders licence.

So the first was this below....

A Mobilette 49CC heap of brown stuff that smells bad.

mobylette_1967.jpg

That was swiftly followed by what I considered at least a nod to a real bike...

My Yamaha 55cc Scoterette.

Yamaha 55cc.jpg

That in turn was sold to make way for my very first real Bike, On that you had to swing a leg over.....

My First Honda a CB160.

cb160_6.jpg

I had that for about 6 months when I went real up market I bought my Honda CB250 Dream

cb250 dream.jpg

Although this one is gold, mine was the same but in Red.

These were all been given and got within a year.
I had the Dream when I got married and managed to drop the bike doing 5Mph going down a slow hill at night when it was snowing, my wife was 3 months pregnant at the time, she never went on the back of one of my bikes again.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149313#p149313:2g6o8mma said:
wheeljam » 53 minutes ago[/url]":2g6o8mma]
I still have my first ride. A 1975 Honda CB360T. Working on getting it running again.
file.php
OMG, that was my first street legal bike!

My first bike was a Honda CB350F. Nice little bike, but after a couple of years i wanted something bigger - so I got a Goldwing :cool:

OhMVOHW.jpg

ikL2s57.jpg

SbNGaYk.jpg

My first was a 79 Suzuki GS400. Took that bike everywhere east of the Mississippi. Put a Rooster fairing on it with a radio that worked pretty good. A king / queen seat and some nylon saddlebags. Loved it. The first pic below is just off the Blue Ridge Parkway north of Mt. Mitchell. the second is on the Parkway. One of many trips down to the Smokies.

Bikes_4.jpg

Bikes_7.jpg

My ex-wife has (or had) many, many photos I wish I could get back. I tried.

These are the best shots I still have of my first street bike. '77 CB750K. I went backwards, though. Living in Massachusetts, there were still Limey riders all around in the late '70s. I fell into that crowd. I sold this one off and bought a '73 Bonneville that I ended up keeping until 2008. Still kicking myself for selling it. Also had a Trophy 500 project and a '67 Norton P11.

I didn't get back into Japanese motorcycles until 1985 and a ZL900.
My77CB750.jpg

img104.jpg

Here's a glam shot of the Bonneville since it was a close 2nd:
img100-brightened.jpg

Can't believe I never posted in this one, but her she is. Same two tone paint scheme too. I did home healthcare for geriatric pts on this bike. One day it snowed here in Vegas, enough to cover the ground with 3-4". The transmission blew on the far side of the valley and I only had second gear available, it was a long slow cold ride home that day. :shock:

~O~

OK, this is not my first motorcycle, in fact it is probably five, maybe six removed from my first street bike. But it is the one and only brand new motorcycle I ever bought. Rode it off the showroom floor in Central Florida.

This is the day, sometime in February 1985, that my fate was sealed with Japanese muscle. This is my first 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator. I still have the paperwork from that purchase around here somewhere.

...and I haven’t changed a bit.

968CA4CD-3729-4F9F-87D7-A97528ED17CB.jpeg

Latest posts