Shorty Shocks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those work well, :yes: some have nut to tighten on outside of wheel. :good: Others have rubber with groove like regular stems in wheel portion of valve, :nea: which would suffer the same fate as regular stems will if left in too long. :whistling: Valve stems come in various sizes but ones to fit my wings seem to be the most common size. 1200, & 1500 wheels. Think earlier ones were same size, :headscratch: but don't know.

New Bridgestone S11 tire installed with a metal right angle valve stem! FINALLY.....I get to try out these shocks! :moped:

Ride report is in. Man, these shocks are far superior to the worn out air shocks I took off. Now I know how bad my springs really were. :oops:

Looks like my rear shocks were really only being held up by the air which is all that was holding the bike up. Now, these new shocks are supposed to be 1/2" shorter, but they seem to be as high as the OEM's. Set the springs to the middle setting and my daughter and I took a nice ride. We were both very impressed with how they ride!

For my money, this is a very good alternative to rebuilding the sir shocks! :yes: :yahoo:

Lowered the setting to the 2nd click and softened the ride a touch. Pulled the trailer to the airport and back and the ride is now perfect! Like I mentioned before, the springs in my air shocks are obviously shot and not providing any real support and I have really only been riding on the air seals.

Either way, these shocks are well worth the money and I am really enjoying the smoothest ride I have ever had on this old girl! :yes: :moped:

Latest posts