1500 advertised- no reverse?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
92 1500 adverised w/ no reverse or cruise.. i can understand the cruise part,,, but i thought reverse was standard? and what about a throttle lock type cruise,,, could i get one of those to put on,, ? more importantly though ,, probly the reverse quiestion?

Correct,
For a year or two honda offered a stripped down "interstate" package on the 1500 with no reverse,cruise or even an audio system I believe(although it may have been an option ) it did not sell well so they dropped the idea.

for ;88 and '89 there were no individual modles you ordered a wing with what you wanted on it. in '90 honda packaged ithems on the wing and gave them names, interstate, aspencade, and se. you are looking at an interstate, not only does it not have reverse it doesn't have a tape deck. just an am / fm radio. the seat is about 1/2 inch lower to help when backing up

thanx everyone for the feedback,, im not getting that bike,, (has anyone seen the new f6b?<< wow) i just got a glimpse of dan's carb repair video,, i will try it on my 83,, i think if that bike ran like it's really supposed too,, u won't b able to PRY me off it!

Lots of things you can do to that 83 to make it a real runner. Carbs is an excellent place to start.

:shock:
Don't ALL Goldwings have reverse? Mine does.

rev.JPG

:hihihi: :whistling:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74492#p74492:26y6ba9o said:
toytender01 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm[/url]":26y6ba9o]
91 no reverse

You should see what that ranzaak dude did with the 1000 he has with the twin weber carbs...that was sweet.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74877#p74877:1sfchx1v said:
slabghost » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am[/url]":1sfchx1v]
Lots of things you can do to that 83 to make it a real runner. Carbs is an excellent place to start.

I remember doing my carbs on the 1100 a couple of years ago. I saw Randaak's kit, and thought I could part it out cheaper, but I didn't. I still had by the parts that were in Randaaks kit to be complete. Just buy Randaaks kit, and have everything you need, plus great customer service.

Those 4 carbs are smooth as shiat when you get them tuned right.

Latest posts