1981 GL 1100 tire choices

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after looking at it twice, I see that now, it's cute as the girls would say, I say it's cool man...I was looking for a cartoon picture of a littlebeaver but I gave up, I'm not good at that sort of stuff...I just learned how to turn this pc on a few years ago, still learning I guess.. I know alot of guy's 50 and up that have no interest in computer's, when I tell them how cool it is and what their missing out on they act like they could care less....Wow.. No ebay, No craigslist..No Goldwing sites :shock: I didn't want to be left behind in the times is why I wanted to learned how to use one..I bet I'm not alone either..Now back to the tires..

littlebeaver":2dz9lyqz said:
230's sound great , can you get a picture to show?
The price is right also. front is $55.88 and the rear is $67.88. Here's a link https://motorcycle.chaparral-racing.com/ ... inko%20230
369-874170.jpg
369-874160.jpg

Those tires look pretty aggressive....the rear tire looks like a car tire...it's HUGE! :thanks:

littlebeaver":3m87o1ky said:
...I was looking for a cartoon picture of a littlebeaver but I gave up,

little-beaver.gif
little-beaver.gif
little-beaver.gif

or how bout this un?
images
:smilie_happy:

toytender01":2uedjsbt said:
Hay Bev what is with the Gopher avatar?????? :smilie_happy:
Dont'no perhaps ME.... :smilie_happy: Ha ha ha very very funny,, For the guy's that have no clue of what's going on here, one of these fools running this show, went and changed my avatar photo, and it ain't the first time, the last time they put a photo of my Dog on there, and that was pretty funny..Be this one is really funny..Leave it there I like it..thanks by the way...I guess it's pick on Beaver day or something.. :smilie_happy:

IRC makes/is branded as Duro .. Randakk had mentioned the rs 310's for the wing.. but budget crunch time and so I went with the durotour... Duro Rear HF918 130/90H-17 Blackwall Tire

Attachments

• yhst-97275704779777_2170_22728925.gif
    yhst-97275704779777_2170_22728925.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 182
16,000 miles on a Motor Cycle tire must be some kind of record. I have only had my Goldwing 1 full summer , so it still has the same set of Pirelli's on it , as when I got it ...... and they are slick , with only about 7,000 miles. and I never liked them from the day I got the bike . I guess I'll get 2 tires before spring . and the Shinko 230 sure looks good. and a price that I can afford maybe. thanks . :music:

jdegase":gp4lohhl said:
I purchased a pair of the shinko tourmaster 230 for a friend. sadly not for me.
they look great, I'll sure be buying a pair for next spring.
What are you running on right now Jim..?

Shinko Tour Master 230

I'm running these right now. I'm a big guy and no issues yet i've got about 1200 miles on them. They stick like glue although havn;t hit rain yet. Just got back from the tail of the dragon riding pretty aggressive and no slipping except for gravel. Also the max tire pressure on these are higher than other tires I've run.

Front 120/90-18 Max Load 761 @ 42 PSI - $62.99
Rear 140-90-16 Max Load 906 @ 42 PSI - $74.99

Picked them up at motorcycle superstore

Found this on randakk's site
Shinko Tour Master 230

This is tire I'm currently running on my supercharged GL1000. I consider this tire a real bargain.

It's one of the few performance tires available in a V-rated version in sizes useful for vintage Honda owners.

Spend some time at a drag strip and you'll see lots of Shinko's in action. The reason is they are inexpensive yet super-grippy. Not the highest mileage tire you can buy, but one of the "stickiest" at a very reasonable price. I like this tire a lot!

Once again, this forum has come through with just the information I was looking for....Started looking for some new rubber because I'm going to be working on the road a lot this summer and plan to use the bike as much as I can. Heard about the Shinko tires and wanted to do some research, but you guys have just saved me a lot of time...Thank you AGAIN!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Latest posts