Allow me to introduce myself...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RckRagman

Reaction score
Greetings one and all... :salute:

I actually joined this forum last May, but forgot about coming back to check on things as I got sidetracked with another forum site. I've got an 83 GL1100 Interstate and this was my first season riding. I just put her away for the winter after putting 8,409 miles on it this first year. It was quite an experience and I can't wait till next year!

I look forward to "meeting" more people with Goldwing interests and I'm sure I'll find some helpful information on this site as my mechanical knowledge is fairly limited. I can usually put something back together if I've taken it apart and can do the basics as far as oil changes, brake pads & bleeding, adding lights etc...but sometimes get nervous about the bigger tasks. I'm actually going to attempt changing my brake lines over this winter to braided stainless steel lines (it doesn't look TOO difficult).

Looking forward to browsing some of the posts here...Perhaps I'll find answers to questions I couldn't find on the other forum site.

Safe riding!

Attachments

• HGW 002.jpg
    HGW 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 233
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

When you go to do your brakes, check here first there are quite a few good tips that could really save you a lot of time (and head aches), especially when you go to bleed them and suddenly cannot get a tight handle or brake pedal. Remove the calipers from their frame and tip them up so the bleeder screw is at the top and them bleed them. You will be surprised how much air gets trapped in the one side of the caliper. Another tip for bleeding is to clamp the pistons all of the way in and then bleed...no way air gets trapped. Good luck!

Welcome aboard. that is a great looking bike and an interesting lighting layout. I hope at least some of it is LED. Bike stators are sized to just barely fill the needs of stock lighting and charging. The Goldwings are no exception there.

RckRagman":16v0r66a said:
Greetings one and all... :salute:

I actually joined this forum last May, but forgot about coming back to check on things as I got sidetracked with another forum site. I've got an 83 GL1100 Interstate and this was my first season riding. I just put her away for the winter after putting 8,409 miles on it this first year. It was quite an experience and I can't wait till next year!

I look forward to "meeting" more people with Goldwing interests and I'm sure I'll find some helpful information on this site as my mechanical knowledge is fairly limited. I can usually put something back together if I've taken it apart and can do the basics as far as oil changes, brake pads & bleeding, adding lights etc...but sometimes get nervous about the bigger tasks. I'm actually going to attempt changing my brake lines over this winter to braided stainless steel lines (it doesn't look TOO difficult).

Looking forward to browsing some of the posts here...Perhaps I'll find answers to questions I couldn't find on the other forum site.

Safe riding!
Welcome from So cal :hi: :hi:nice bike :good:

toytender01":3aa0vxj7 said:
WELCOME BACK CATTER, I mean RckRagman, weather here in central Calif is sunny and windy 65 deg, great riding weather :Awe: :Awe: :head bang: :sensored: :ahem: :ahem:

Oh sure. . .Rub it in, whydontcha.....LOL

It's gonna be a LONG three months!

Latest posts