Another new toy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfrog

Reaction score
60 out today. Have not been on for some time. I think I have MBS. picked up 86 sei a few months ago :clapping: The 79 was striped to the frame .Now going back together. pics on the way soon. I hope

Best of the two years of F I in the 1200's short run of it, from what i've read. :read: Best of luck with your new toy, keep your eyes open for any spare parts, cause they're scarce, & pricey when needed. Best way to be sure of your guess as to why it ain't running sometimes, :headscratch: is to replace it with a known good one. :smilie_happy: :salute:

I traded for a 86 SE-I a couple months ago . the only real problems it had was the little computer read out on top of the fake tank . sometimes it would start flashing , on and off , and it seemed it did it when i would hit a bump in the road , or just Jar it , so when it turned cool i put it in the Garage , and up on the motor cycle jack , and i started right near the Headlight , unhooking , cleaning , dielectric grease and reconnect every wire connection i could find . . I am back to the rear of the seat , not sure if it helped or not yet . ... but time will tell . BUT the Fuel Injection is Really killer . starts the instant you push the button , idles perfect , runs like a new bike , and WAY more pulling power than any of the other 3 Goldwings i have had before it . i traded a 83 Aspencade for it , the 83 was nice but not near as strong or as smooth as the 86 , it seems to be geared even higher ( road gear ) than the 83 , but the Fuel Injection makes it so much stronger . thats what I think anyway , but yes.... parts are Hard to Find , i have only seen 2 of these 86 SE-I bikes around here . they are really Rare around Tennessee. :laptop:

Have a 85 limited front end with the stock springs on one of my 84 standards, :good: only set of stock front springs EVER put back into the tubes. :roll: Very nice, has some weird piece in between the two springs with what appears to look like stone, & one of the springs is also different than the other models. :headscratch: Bought it from a parted out 85 Limited in very nice shape, :yes: the forks were leaking on the 84 when it was bought. So as the limited was ready to go it was put into use, :whistling: & 84's repaired & now waiting to be used.

the sei is on the back burner for now . have a 1979 that is going back together at this time. may start on the 86 in a month or so. It runs . Needs right side head gasket.Cosmetics are rough the po let it sit outside over a year or so. :roll:

Latest posts