Bluetooh to FM transmitters???????

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fysty-1

Reaction score
This is for all those electronics wizards out there. I have been recently looking into set up for my Van but it just dawn (duh) on me that I may not be able to do as I want. I had a FM Transmitter/charging dock for my Ipod & I had to tune my stereo into an FM stationbut as i would be travelling that station may weaken so I would have to find another clear station. But in any case, I would not be able to listen to other stations. Of course with an IPod that is not a problem but it would be if I had a smartphome paired to the new unit.. My question is is there such thing as and automatic FM scanner Bluetooth? And if i was listening to another station, still be able to answer my phone & then go back to the music station playing before? In otherwords how do they wire Bluetooth into the newer vehicles. Our KIA (2009) has this & it makes no difference what station we are on or if the stereo is on or off. It will answer. Oh I have to initially turn the stereo on to make the BT conection but then we can shut the stereo off an BT still is functional. Thanks a bunch guys. Angela

Thanks for the replies fellas but you are missing my question. I know how BT works as well as a FM transmitter. What I want to know if there is a device or such that can be added to my 02 Windstars great stereo system to give me the same as those that are factory equipped in virtually every new car built? I would like to be able to change between my tunes on my phone and the stereo but to do that I have to change the station therefore losing the fm tansmite & hense the BT. :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

I think (sometimes) that she wants a device that will allow her to mute the radio while she makes or receives a call on her bluetooth phone!!! Is that correct Fysty???? Am I correct , you now get bluetooth reception through your car radio FM?????

toytender01":1xtpjj6b said:
I think (sometimes) that she wants a device that will allow her to mute the radio while she makes or receives a call on her bluetooth phone!!! Is that correct Fysty???? Am I correct , you now get bluetooth reception through your car radio FM?????

Yes & no Toy. I want to be able to use my smartphone (GPS,MP3 & phone), In my Van. It does NOT have BT built in. I want to conver/alter my stock radio (Ford's top of the line for the year[02]) to BT. I do have a FM transmitter & would buy another that is BT as well but as mentioned before if I want to listen to the radio (AM/FM), I lose my phone as I would have to change the FM station to get music (on radio), as FM transmiters need to be set on one station & if I push a different saved button, I can't use my phone. I guess what I am really asking is how do they do it on new cars? Mine is an 02, therefore before BT equipped cars. :head bang: :head bang: :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg: Ange.

n2ppn":2q0s1olm said:
Look at this website... if you download and read the manual, it explains the priority functions of how the Bluetooth system handles phonecalls, music, and GPS (and intercom) priorities..

https://senabluetooth.com/

Maybe it will help....

I just got one for my Wing...

Rich

Hey Rich did you get a chance to try out the SMH10 yet? I'm thinking of buying one and waiting to see if you like yours first.

I guess Ange didn't see the SR10 product listed on the SENA product page.... in short it is a bluetooth HUB that allows audio inputs (up to 3) from things like stereos, GPS, Smartphone, MP3, iPod (via cable) or Sirus?XM stuff to connect to it and then IT transmits it over bluetooth to your bluetooth receiver or hands free device.

Yes the SENA stuff arrived yesterday... I charged it up and mounted the headset adapter to my helmet (after removing all the wires from the intercom and ham radio stuff in there) in about five minutes and after a little playing, hooked it up to the Ham radio and tried it out while walking around in the house with my helmet on (I must have looked pretty funny)... I also made a few phone calls with it from my iPhone.... worked great!!!

Still figuring out the "nuances" of the system to allow me to switch back and forth between two way and phonecalls. Also still to try the driver/passenger intercom feature out as well... (maybe I can get wifey to also walk around house with her helmet on???)

Volume was LOUD!!! Now to try it out on the Long Island Expressway at 70 MPH while riding next to a 18 wheeler....

Just gotta wait until tomorrow, 'cause it's raining today here on Lawnguyland...

Rich

what kind of phone did you hook it up to? I have a Galaxy S2 and I hear they are experiencing issues

did you buy the SR10 or the SMH10 (what is the difference)

Bought both... the SMH10B is the helmet bluetooth headset unit (can be used stand alone with phones and has external jacks for iPod, Etc. The SR10 is the Bluetooth Hub for the Two Way radio and also for phone and GPS, Etc... it needs to be paired to a bluetooth headset in order to be used...

Found that I needed to pair the hub with my phone and then the SMH10B so I can switch back and forth from two way radio to phone conversation...

Will post more once I get it all figured out...

Rich

n2ppn":18t0agbh said:
I guess Ange didn't see the SR10 product listed on the SENA product page.... in short it is a bluetooth HUB that allows audio inputs (up to 3) from things like stereos, GPS, Smartphone, MP3, iPod (via cable) or Sirus?XM stuff to connect to it and then IT transmits it over bluetooth to your bluetooth receiver or hands free device.

Yes the SENA stuff arrived yesterday... I charged it up and mounted the headset adapter to my helmet (after removing all the wires from the intercom and ham radio stuff in there) in about five minutes and after a little playing, hooked it up to the Ham radio and tried it out while walking around in the house with my helmet on (I must have looked pretty funny)... I also made a few phone calls with it from my iPhone.... worked great!!!

Still figuring out the "nuances" of the system to allow me to switch back and forth between two way and phonecalls. Also still to try the driver/passenger intercom feature out as well... (maybe I can get wifey to also walk around house with her helmet on???)

Volume was LOUD!!! Now to try it out on the Long Island Expressway at 70 MPH while riding next to a 18 wheeler....

Just gotta wait until tomorrow, 'cause it's raining today here on Lawnguyland...

Rich

Yes Rich I saw that & it is designed for 2-way radios that some bikers may use between bikes & as far as my bike is concern. As soon as I can raise the dinero, I will be getting the SPH10H or the double unit but it is not listed there. I have been aware of Sena for many years.
What I want is to conver my sound system in my Van to accept BT as the new cars have. So all I have to do is pair my Galaxie Note to my van, but I have found that for what I want the only way for me to achieve this is by purchasing a double Din aftermarket stereo for my Van & I now have one picked out. Thanks all for your time and assistance. Angela. :music: :music: :Egyptian:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/160706584238?ss ... 1436.l2649

Latest posts