clutch......

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114918#p114918:3gu6dc98 said:
j.man » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 pm[/url]":3gu6dc98]
What type of oil is the best for these bikes.I had no clue the clutch oil was ran from the engine oil I already chnge the oil and filter but I will go through the procedure and see what I got and like I say on all my post Im on a phone its hard to see the manual pages thats why I ask

Don't overlook the part of also running some ATF in the crank case before you drain the engine oil. The ATF will act as a cleaner and get in the clutch plates and help to clean things up better than just regular oil will.

Alright I ran the ATF before I changed the oil out again. Well like i said I did it just 2 weeks ago and the oil came out like it hasnt been changed in years it was dark. So im going to run more ATF with new oil once more then ill change it then do the clutch disengagement over night and see whats goin on ill keep you guys posted thank you.

Run it up to operating temperature with the ATF oil mix. Then let it sit a day or two with the clutch lever tied to the handle. Put it in first and rock it once in a while to see if you can break it loose. Before you drain the oil run the bike a few minutes to get all the crap mixed up. Best of luck getting it working.

You probably know this, but after the oil is drained, hit the kill switch and then crank the motor is short bursts. It will help remove oil which may be sitting in the clutch area.It is surprising how much stays in there. The more of the ugly you get out, the cleaner the new will be.

Ok ill do that im just waiting for a little extra money im wanting to run new oil through it a couple times make sure I clean it out real good

Latest posts