Exhaust removal.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnDenny1

Reaction score
I am replacing the right side exhaust on my GL1100. It looks like I need to remove the right side crash bars in order to get the exhaust off of there? Do I need to remove the right side lower fairing also? Last question, should I replace the exhaust gasket also, or is the old one OK provided it doesn't look too bad?

I got a used exhaust off ebay, which isn't in the greatest of shape, but the one on the bike had rusted an dsoemone did a terrible job of trying to weld it. And worst of all they got it crooked, so when you look at the bike from the back the exhaust pipes don't line up.

Thanks,

Dennis

I pulled my exhaust to do a custom job not to long ago. If I were you, I would go ahead and pull the lower fairing, just to avoid possibly doing any damage. As for the crash bar, yep, it has to come off, no bout adout it. As for the gaskets, I say replace them. You can get a complete set for around $8 plus shipping if I remember correctly.

Those exhaust gaskets are crush gaskets. I've heard it's good to replace them everytime you pull the exhaust...and yup, crashbars off. The lower fairings are just 3 screws each side. #3 phillips.

Latest posts