Fathers Day

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
Every year I wonder how much fathers day is gonna cost me this time. Well, this year is no exception. But this year is special. My daughter is the one who gave me my first fathers day ever. This year we attended her graduation, where she gave me my first "fathers report card" ever. This was her speach:

Michelle’s Boring Graduation Speech

There is a good reason they call these ceremonies “commencement exercises”. Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning. We are here tonight to be rewarded for all the suffering for the 13 years of school, and all we get is a piece of paper... I’m just kidding. I’m about to get my diploma take a deep breath and go out into that big world, as my mom crosses her fingers and my dad behind her saying, “...Are you still here?”
Since I was very young I’ve always wanted to help people, especially children and Hispanics. It has been one of my life goals. It started when I was about 7 years old, sitting in the waiting room of the doctors office listening to the elevator music over lapped with baby burping and crying. Since I was having so much fun I couldn’t help but over hear a young Hispanic woman holding her very ill new born. Not knowing any English and almost tearing in her eyes trying to tell the woman working there what is wrong with her small child, and not being able to explain anything and the doctor not being able to understand this worried mother. That’s when I knew that God wanted to use me to help people like that. Since My mother is Mexican I was raised with the two languages; from then on I was determined to do so.
I love my big family and thank them for all their support, love, life lessons and advice. God has blessed me with my two wonderfully patient and loving parents and did I mention patient? Oh and of course the two little headaches, I mean blessings that I couldn’t live without, my brothers. I want to thank my parents for pushing me to do better and to show me that the sky is the limit, and to my brothers and younger family members for pushing me to be a better example and role model for them. I do thank all of you and hope that I can reach my goals and exceed higher than their expatiations so that I may make them proud, and hopefully look back at this moment when I am older and be proud of myself for accomplishing my goals.
Now to my fellow graduates I am honored to be graduating with you. You guys are all so smart and talented. Hey standing up here with you makes me look smarter. But I just want to leave you with a few words of encouragement. I imagine your families are extremely proud of you. You can’t imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money. At commencement you ware your square-shaped mortarboards. My hope is that from time to time you will let your minds be bold, and wear sombreros. Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes , kindness in your smile. My mother always told me that knowledge is power, Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
Wanna make God laugh? Plan your future. We won’t always for sure know how our life is going to turn out, what we’ll be or what we’ll do, It’s ultimately up to God and where he wants to put us, but if we put our best foot forward and trust in him, we will achieve many goals and fulfill our life purpose. Remember today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
I hope you’re excited about what is to come after this. Most of you I know will be attending college. Well here are some things you will be looking forward to; every instructor assumes that you have nothing else to do except study for that instructor’s course. If you have a favorite spot you sit in for a class and one day somebody sits in it, don’t go tell the teacher, there’s no time outs in college, instead go to the store for instance like Home Depot and buy some wood, some nails, a saw, and super glue then build a bridge and GET OVER IT. 80% of the final exam will be based on the one lecture you missed and that one book you didn’t read. If your given and open-book exam, you will forget your book. If you are given a take-home exam, you will forget where you live. They say they want to take God out of the pledge of allegiance and our money and our schools, but let me tell you what, As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in Schools.
I hope you all will accomplish your goals and follow your dreams and I wish you all the very best. I am happy to say that I am graduating with the Class of 2010.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Congrats to the young Lady, and her Parents!! :good: Sounds like she has a great sense of humor, too!

Happy Papa Day to all!! :party:

AApple":1smm85r4 said:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Congrats to the young Lady, and her Parents!! :good: Sounds like she has a great sense of humor, too!

Happy Papa Day to all!! :party:

Seems like just last month I was adjusting the training wheels on some little plastic bicycle, and to look at her now, as tall as I am, the musician, photographer, artist....
Michelle is a fun person to be with. I have seen her gather up all the wall flowers onto the dance floor, and within a few minutes she had everyone in the joint lined up on the dance floor holding hands and teaching them all how to dance the achey breaky. This kid has personality!
All of my kids amaze me. My 14 year old son just bought his first car this past week. Something inside the motor tried to exit through the oil pan. He found another motor on the internet and had it delivered to our house and me and him will make a car that runs. This is an '01 Ford Focus, pretty clean little car. The big thing is, he's not useing my money to do any of this. This is not where my head was when I was 14. All 3 of my kids seem to be so much farther along than I was at their ages.

Congrats Bro
I'v graduated 2 so far...
the oldest barely made it.(speech during open house)
the second was a honor student.(speech during commencement)
They both brought tears to my eyes.
its sure a good feeling.

the youngest is comming in 2 more years... and has perfect attendance since she started preschool .
also honor student.

Happy Fathers Day.
all mine are home for the fishin trip ;)

Latest posts