Forced to ride at freezing & near freezing temps!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montecman

Reaction score
So my wife looks up at me and says,..."I could really go for some bonless buffalo chicken wings from grogers hun, pleeeeeease"? So what was I to do? It was halftime of the Longhorns Loss ( :Awe: ) so i complied. Krogers is 'bout 1/2 mile away. Leaving our subdivision I looked both ways and there was a truck comming but I had plenty of time with a 40mph speed limit. I turned left and was almost in my lane when that oncomming F250 misses my door by 2 feet and removes my rear axle, gas tank, trunk and pretty much everything from the the t-birds drivers side rear tire back. :fiddle: He was DRUNK & doing twice the speed limit. :Awe: God protected me but the t-bird is a total loss. So i have been driving and will continue to keep driving Melba 50 miles round trip to/from work in 20-40 degree weather till this weekend when I can replace the car. Of course he was uninsured! :sensored: I look & feel like the michelin man, all bundled up on my way to work.

But at least I am riding her on a steady basis. :clapping:

Right now i'm lov'n that big ol'e windshield! :music:

:sensored:
That sux! Glad you're otay, tho...yeeesh! Hope you have a good set of leathers & gloves! I saw a guy last week on a crotch rocket...riding in 28* weather, with just a regular, heavy jacket, jeans, and no gloves! :eek: Tooo hard-core for me! :mrgreen:
Stay warm, and I hope the car deal goes well..

Montecman":15uu9si4 said:
Sue who? He'll dissapear back accross the boarder and buy new ID

Exactly!

I had a trailer come loose from a catering truck on a 2 lane highway near Mexico. I hit it head on in my car.
I talked to a few lawyers I knew. They checked them out and found almost no assets.
They told me sure you can sue but you have to collect. MY insurance paid for the car.

When I ride in temps below 35 degrees, forget about leather! I wear Carhart winter coveralls, ski gloves and insulated rubber boots. Cold air cannot pass thru any of them! :music:

No, It wasnt worth much so I only had state minimum coverage.
Yea, I'm wearing my hunting gear. Hehehehehehehehe!

Glad to hear your okay. When you said T-bird, my mind went straight to the latest production that looked like a throw back to the 50's.

Glad your okay and was in the cage... he may have really done you damage if you took the bike for the short jaunt... as for the riding in the cold temps... I go in in the daylight and out at midnight and feel with ya.. mine is only 23 miles one way... and I have a T bird also.. '62 hardtop..390 2 speed

:hi: Glad to hear rhat you were not hurt... vehiclas can usualy be trplaced but the body is another story...I seent 3 years in EL Paso in the 60s and I encountered many of (them).... one of the reasons that I started riding off road in the sand dunes on a honda 50 step through frame :smilie_happy: ....that was lots of fun :head bang: :head bang: but there was no one else out there to run me off the road....I was told back then (before all of this gortex and such to ware panty hose under your cloths for warmth :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :swoon: ...I just could not bring myself to do that....Can you imagine having an accident and going to the Hospital :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :beg: :beg: you would never live it down...I was in the service at that time so i was able to git some coald weather gear from supply for the days it was needed...However El Paso is usualy prety warm most of the time i had to ride the Big 50 :clapping: :clapping: Take hart it could be worse you could have to ware you know what :head bang: :head bang: May God be your copilot as you ride!!!! Bob

I used to do road repair and during one winter I noticed a GW go north every morning and south every evening. Caught my eye because it had a top and clear windows on the side that came down to his knees or a little further . I have been looking for one for my bike but so far no luck . He look comfortable when he came zipping by .

Latest posts