Got a couple of questions before the Jim Beam and Ambien kick in...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumunga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st question: I have on my bike, with the best I can describe as "a buzz" when the engine is running between 1900-2100rpm or so. It's nothing I care about. I'm thinking it's the aftermarket exhaust harmonizing with the 25 year old fairing, and causing this buzz. Should I be looking for something different, besides the normal loose bolts, or stuff like that? Engine runs too smooth, it scares me.

2nd question: I have lights instead of reflectors on the sides of my trunk and bags. Both side bag lights don't work, and one side of the trunk lights work. Every light pointing to the rear of the bike work fine. Are these lights on a different circuirt, or should I just try to wire up all 3 sets of non-functioning lights to the 4th working one?

Any help is appreciated, and save us a seat at the mid-western bash this year...

Have you pulled the lights out and checked the sockets or the filaments? .. I would check that first.. then look fir broken or unplugged wires... is the buzz forward or behind you when riding? ... could be loose connector or missing broken grommet...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119310#p119310:12vrldmc said:
Joep » Wed May 28, 2014 1:49 am[/url]":12vrldmc]
Have you pulled the lights out and checked the sockets or the filaments? .. I would check that first.. then look fir broken or unplugged wires... is the buzz forward or behind you when riding? ... could be loose connector or missing broken grommet...

I pulled the lights from the bags, but the lites are mounted in the lenses. how do you get the lights out of the red lense part? To me, it almost looked like I needed to separate the read lense from the white backing where the bulbs were mounted.

Not sure on yours.. my fairing ones pop in from the rear.. regular type bulbs should be replaceable and cone out of the light housing... atleast that has been my experience.. just trying to go simple/cheap first on testing and tracing..

Bad bulbs, sockets, or grounds...or all of the above.
The vibration, or buzz is prolly just what you think...harmonics, but you should prolly check mounting bolts/fasteners just in case.
Good to see ya back on the forums, too, Eric! :good:

Latest posts