greetings from Vancouver Island

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintwing

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have just joined this site, I am in the process of rebuilding a 1975 GL1000. It would have been considered a basket case, but I have done quite a bit of work to it so far. No idea if it will ever run again, the carbs were in a box when I got it. I have so far changed the fork seals, steering bearings and rebuilt the carbs and re-installed them onto the motor. All the aluminum pieces looked like crap, so I have spent a lot of time polishing them. They look fantastic now, that was very time consuming. So I hope I can make this thing run again. vintwing

Welcome to the CGW forums, vintwing!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Lots of good info here, as well as plenty of "How Tos" to get your 'Wing back on two wheels!

Yes welcome!!! It's nice to have someone rebuilding a 1000, that part of the tech forum has yet to be used since the forum crash. You'll get all the help you need here. There is also some great info stickied in the "General tech and 1100 tech forums," so be sure to check those out.

~O~

Welcome from North Texas... some of us have been fortunate not to have seen much under all the plastics and other parts... so post some of the inprogress rebuild steps pictures.. and oh yeah pictures..

Hello and welcome to the forums ... 75 was a good year for the wing. While getting the bike running don't forget to put on new timing belts. These engines are "Interference" and if a belt breaks the damage is not pretty.
You may also want to check out https://www.randakks.com/ for some great information about starting an old wing that has sat for awhile.

Please post pictures of the restoration ... good luck.

Latest posts