Had a wreck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW nice reactions to his actions, glad you're not to badly hurt. Super glad the "excrement" got some back. Hopefully he will learn, but some peoples kids, now-a-days..... How is your bike doing?

The insurance adjuster came by and was amazed at the condition of the bike of how well it was meticulously restored. I was assured that they will not be going by the blue book value. It doesn't fit in any category. There is no show room condition. They will likely put the value at about $4-5k with about $3-4k worth of damage. It helps that I have all the receipts from restoring it and pictures of it when I was finished it. It seems like they are going to play nice. They are going to settled with two separate checks, one for the bike and one for medical. They medical may take some time but it will happen. I had to go to the doctor yesterday (7/15/13) because my back keeps spasing out. Want to try muscle relaxers and pain meds first, if it continues, then check with MRI. But I am doing somewhat ok, back is still store.

After getting the bike back and looking it over, the bike is not rideable. The rear fender is hard up against the rear tire. The right rear saddle bag stay is tweaked up and forward, likely cause, bent shock mount or frame. The left side of the rear bumper is twisted really bad. Actually the rear bumper is totaled, but it did it's job and protected the plastic. The bike went down on the right side. It broke the lower driving lights, right side antenna. It scratched the saddle bag stay, engine guard, floorboards, mirror, grip, right side antenna mount, interstate badge on right saddle bag and scratch the paint on the fairing, right saddle bag. The right side, side cover was scratched from the saddle bag stay being tweaked forward. Luckily, none of the plastic was cracked or broken, just scratched.

Great to hear that your insurance is doing what it is supposed to. Hopefully the medical doesn't present too many problems for you...Get well soon!!!

Good to hear it is going well, The GL sound like it is hurt bad though , I have heard of relatively light hits bending these frames..perhaps it is the inertia of the heavy GL engines or the design of the frame.
Good luck with all of it, Hope your back to normal soon.

Lord what a Nightmare ... but you really are lucky you wasn't hurt bad , when a Motor Cycle has a wreck with a Car , most of the time its Bad. REALLY Bad . :read:

Latest posts