Harbor freight lift table anyone trust this lift?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
I just got my latest H.F. sale paper the other day and they have this lift on sale for $299.00 Reg. price $599.00.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-ca ... -8495.html
So I just have to ask as I have bought a lot of stuff from them and I know you sometimes get what you pay for and I could get a high quality lift for like 3 to 4 times more (but I would rather spend it somewhere else).
So what I am asking is has anyone ever used or currently using one and do you trust your baby on it or not. (Don't want Stella falling and getting hurt). :good:
As you know I made a table last year or her and it worked fine but this would be easier to put up.
Thanks Jerry
P.S. I am also posting this in another forum just to increase my chances of finding someone with one before the sale ends.

it looks fine for the money ...if you have nice floor for it to roll on ...the only thing i see it dont have is spin casters on all wheels it sur makes better to manuver...but you could add that plus the all terrain tires and wheels id need for my shop :smilie_happy: :Doh2: :yahoo: :mrgreen:

Yup, that's the one in my garage. I picked it up used (didn't have the ramp).
It picks up my 87 just fine. mine has the foot pump and requires about 60 pumps, if I recall. It is slower than the air-assist types, but then I didn't pay for that either.

I strap the bike down prior to raising the table, but it has been plenty solid for the work I have done, and a real back-saver. I have built some side add-ons to give my feet a better purchase. They are 2x4 framed and plywood and lay on the floor along side the table when driving on or off. Makes it so I don't have to try to get my feet on the table with the bike. It is possible to do so, but too narrow to be comfortable.

When I picked it up I took things apart to check condition and grease all the moving parts. I found that advise on a forum someplace, and it was a good bit of advise. Some of the working parts had very little lubrication.

I have a pair of knock-down steel saw-horses that I put under the table and ease the lift down onto them when it is going to be elevated for extended periods.

It is not the equivalent of a $700-$900 lift, but again, I didn't pay for that. I am not in the full-time business of working on bikes, and this table has done a good job.

Winggunner, I got a couple of questions since you have one of these tables. I made a trip and looked at one at Harbor Freight and liked it but I read some comments by other owners that said #1 The wheel chock was not adequate, #2 the table needed to be extended on the front about four inches and #3 that you could not remove the rear wheel on a Goldwing because the wheelbase of the bike and the drop out leaf on the rear of the table do not match up. Is any of that true ?

The table comes with a a wheel-stop and a separate clamp set-up. I took mine off and got a bent-tubing type chock to put on, but have not done so yet. The last few times I used it I did not have a front wheel holder of any type on the table, which was not a problem as one of these times it was up for front tire replacement.

I strap the engine guards to the table on both sides, not too tight, but enough to stabilize it on the center stand. I also tie the stand forward to the guards so the bike cannot roll off it forward.

I have used the table twice for changing out the rear tire. It is tight getting clearance but I am able to use the cut-out in the back to gain enough room to get the rear tire/wheel off to work on. It does require that the bike is forward on the table. Just about to the front edge. I think when I set it up for my front wheel chock I will add a little to the length using the square frame tubes underneath.

I don't know if it is an issue with the heavier tables or not, but I am always VERY careful about not rocking the lifted bike when working on it, and as I mentioned I set the weight down on my saw horses. I don't trust any hydraulic jack enough to put any of my needed body parts under the table without some kind of safety margin in my favor. I saw some pictures somewhere of some outriggers a guy made for his to give the base a wider footprint which is something I might look at too.

The table lifts my bike fine (850 pounds I think) and I've talked to guys that have lifted heavier bikes too. You want to develop a light touch on the release foot-lever. If you mash that one the bike drops really quick and might get ugly on the landing.

Latest posts